Did you mean: 

September 30 2021 update makes RoG 5 near unusable

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: RoG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2109.176
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Ever since the update I've been experiencing UI issues and my phone is lagging with any apps and even the act of typing this took me a few minutes due to the lag.

UI and apps also crash consistently. ( See photos)
I've done cleaning up my memory, making sure caches are clear and checking apps I used before and now they're all laggy and crash frequently.

Phone also heats up quicker now and pressing the return keys also don't respond quickly.

screenshot-20211001-003247293.jpg

screenshot-20211001-003645870.jpg

========================================

4 REPLIES 4

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
What happen to me was the phone would frequently freeze and I must force restart it

Lord_Messi

What happen to me was the phone would frequently freeze and I must force restart it

View post
Yeah. I hope they give us an option to revert our update. I can't believe they just rolled this out without testing it thoroughly

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @cex_appeal_aero,
Does it happen only with some specific apps?
Does it persist after restarting your device?
If you continue experiencing this I will recommend to backup your device and perform a factory rest.

Hazza121212
Star I
Similar thing happening to me, but my whole phone restarts / crashes randomly every time i turn it on, this could last for several hours, it also starts happening at random. I have tried force resetting, factory resetting but nothing changes at all.