Did you mean: 

Phone shutdown @battery just below 20%

k_huat
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime after the only first time I saw it works at battery 9%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Is it normal for my rog 5 shutdown at battery level about just below 20%?
I saw my phone once works under 10% n it shows a red light notification when it reach 9%, after that I charge my phone everytime before it shutdown.
But recently my rog 5 shutdown at the middle I watch YouTube at battery level somewhere below 20% (everytime in last few days). I thought the battery might drained up coz by watching YouTube; but just now at the middle of replying zentalk my rog 5 shutdown again at battery level somewhere below 20% as well. Is this normal? It seems like I can only occupy the battery between 80-20% only? Thanks
My setting is dynamic n auto for refresh rate.
Ps: pls do not ask me to generate the log as I'm not well versed in tech stuff n I hv no time for it.
26 REPLIES 26

k_huat
Rising Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187153#Comment_187153

désolé pour , "30 s", j'ai abrégé, 30 secondes, ce n'est pas un modèle de chargeur mais le temps.

Si vous n'avez pas d'autre chargeur, configurer la charge ultra lente, sinon, utiliser un chargeur 2A standard, la charge sera plus lente mais beaucoup plus sûre pour la durée de vie de la batterie.

Pour l'instant, j'essaie de trouver de la documentation sur le type de charge QC5 et le 20 vols du chargeur du rog5 pour voir l'impact sur la durée de vie de la batterie.

Il semble qu'il y est 4 éléments, séparé en 2 modules de 3000 mHa, en LiPo HS, soit 3.8v*4, cela fait 15.2 volts maxi en théorie avant d'être très dangereux pour la batterie, 20 vols est absolument énorme, le rog 5 demande d'ailleurs moins, entre 16 et 17, mais c'est encore beaucoup.

View post
After I google n study to generate the adb battery command, below is the result. Seems like it is not so good for charge counter only left with 2748mAh? Only after a month I bought this rog 5..

k_huat
Rising Star II
k_huat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187518#Comment_187518

After I google n study to generate the adb battery command, below is the result. Seems like it is not so good for charge counter only left with 2748mAh? Only after a month I bought this rog 5..

p-20210925-224640.jpg

View post
@FunBike31
Here is my further study of the battery with adb command
Photo 1 shows battery of 2748mAh at 71%;
Then I charge it to n unplug charge once it reach 99% I got 3802mAh, in photo 2
Then I further charge another 3minutes n still remain 99% but charge counter shoot up to 5400mAh, in photo 3
I try to further charge another 2minutes, battery remain 99% n charge counter shows 5398mAh, in photo 4
Further charge again for 3minutes n results remain the same, 5398mAh with 99%, in photo 5
So seems like my battery maximum capacity is actually only 5400mAh (instead of 6000mAh), for a one month newly bought phone? Will this help to explain why my phone shutdown everytime at battery between 24%~17% ? Kindly help to analyse. Thanks

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Oops, sorry, I thought I posted in English 😞
You did very well with ADB 🙂
We don't worry about it yet, Android sometimes has strange stats on statistics according to usage and APIs do not yet know battery 1 and 2, the result is dependent on the OEM layer,
You will see if there is a significant problem on the battery with the time of use, on average it should be 5-6h in games, 8h and + with other uses.
program the slow charge, set the cursor to 100
reset the battery stats ADB
a) use it until it goes out without the charger and without putting it back on
b) leave it to charge until the green light +15/20 minutes without using it
c) disconnect the charger and start again in (a)
The battery is now calibrated
- You can buy a QC2 or QC3 compatible charger
Do not buy a QC4, QC4 + or QC5 charger, it will duplicate the original one for the Rog5.
Here are two links for ADB commands
dumpsys  |  Android Developershttps://developer.android.com/topic/performance/power/setup-battery-historian

k_huat
Rising Star II
FunBike31

Oops, sorry, I thought I posted in English 😞

You did very well with ADB 🙂

We don't worry about it yet, Android sometimes has strange stats on statistics according to usage and APIs do not yet know battery 1 and 2, the result is dependent on the OEM layer,

You will see if there is a significant problem on the battery with the time of use, on average it should be 5-6h in games, 8h and + with other uses.

program the slow charge, set the cursor to 100

reset the battery stats ADB

a) use it until it goes out without the charger and without putting it back on

b) leave it to charge until the green light +15/20 minutes without using it

c) disconnect the charger and start again in (a)

The battery is now calibrated

- You can buy a QC2 or QC3 compatible charger

Do not buy a QC4, QC4 + or QC5 charger, it will duplicate the original one for the Rog5.

Here are two links for ADB commands

https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/dumpsys

https://developer.android.com/topic/performance/power/setup-battery-historian

View post
Thanks so much. I'm able to charge it to full 100% after 1hr 45min with the charger shown. Will try n see now if it works normally.

k_huat
Rising Star II
k_huat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187551#Comment_187551

Thanks so much. I'm able to charge it to full 100% after 1hr 45min with the charger shown. Will try n see now if it works normally.

p-20210927-001315-1.jpg

View post
Finally I'm able to use up full 100% battery down to 0%. Thanks all 🙏
Awaiting for your updates on the study of charger @FunBike31