cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you try to warn people but they just refuse to listen

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I made this video a while back:

Not only did I critize it for dumb design choices, also I did warn about it being rushed and likely buggy and causing all sorts of issues, but most importantly, i successfully predicted the death of Rog5 phones similair to Rog2. The sad part is, I gave ASUS more credit and assumed they would last longer than they do, but now reports are coming in left and right of dying Rog5.
I hope you people will now start listening to tech nerds in the future and not clueless reviewing clowns who tell you the most useless things you never asked for, if reviewers werent such useless people the rog3 would have been fixed because nobody would have purchased it due to its calibrated screens and ASUS would have learned from that mistake and wouldnt have released the Rog5 in such a pathethic state.

12 REPLIES 12

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
amyrose88

That's rich, coming from literally nobody with 300 subs.

99,9% of people who bought ROG will never know of your existence.

Also. You managed to call someone "not exacly very intelligent" in literally two comments. I won't even bother scrolling through your video.

View post
I shall await your "My rog5 doesn't turn on / no wifi / Ram DUMP screen" topic here and link you this this very comment. After that you will then have to rethink what is rich and bathe in the irony you're about to smash your head first into.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
You act as if everyone will have these issues for sure.
Keep in mind ROG phones are not so well known as Samsung or Xiaomi phones. Thus the people who buy these phones are very limited and mostly people who know the Internet thus even write in such forums in the first place.
I guess most people who buy it and have an issue will come here sooner or later but only a few Samsung / Xiaomi users will ever write their problems in forums.
What I'm trying to say is: You cannot compare the amount of bugs listed in this forum with other brands and say "ROG has more issues than XYZ because more people write here"
Just judging from my experience so far most software issues came from people with CN -> WW converted devices. That's an important fact as well. Seems like the global version works better and resellers mess up more often. Not sure if you can take that into account.
I don't want to protect Asus in general, I think their support and transparency is a total messy nightmare - but I doubt you can just look at the posts here and say "the phone will die for sure"

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZT-6ba223c6

You act as if everyone will have these issues for sure.

Keep in mind ROG phones are not so well known as Samsung or Xiaomi phones. Thus the people who buy these phones are very limited and mostly people who know the Internet thus even write in such forums in the first place.

I guess most people who buy it and have an issue will come here sooner or later but only a few Samsung / Xiaomi users will ever write their problems in forums.

What I'm trying to say is: You cannot compare the amount of bugs listed in this forum with other brands and say "ROG has more issues than XYZ because more people write here"

Just judging from my experience so far most software issues came from people with CN -> WW converted devices. That's an important fact as well. Seems like the global version works better and resellers mess up more often. Not sure if you can take that into account.

I don't want to protect Asus in general, I think their support and transparency is a total messy nightmare - but I doubt you can just look at the posts here and say "the phone will die for sure"

View post
Because that's exacly what is going to happen. At the very least everyone will have their rog5 power IC dying like the Rog2, I'm not applying rocket science here, it's not a matter of "if", but when, wheter it's in 5 months or 1 year, it will eventually happen in a rather short period (under 2 years).
That's exacly one of my points in the video, it's much rarer than big brands such as samsung to top it all off due to the TSMC chip shortages only very few Rog5 phones have been made, despite that people have already reported catastropic failures in a couple of days after release. If it was a mass produced phone in the millions and only 1 or 2 reports have been made of a catastropic failure then there is no problem. But we talk about maybe a couple of thousand phone on release and there have been reports of issues on multiple platforms. You do understand that it's severe don't you?
That's simply untrue. Look at the Oneplus 8 pro for instance, the reports of its fail calibrated screen and punchhole problem were mass reported on their own forums, reddit and youtube almost instantly, infact it blew up way harder than ASUS rog3 which has the same problem. Do the experiemt, google "Rog 3 black crush" and look at the results, all you get are a couple of small topics and some sites claiming it has been fixed (lol). Now do the same with the Oneplus 8 pro, you will have pages uppon pages of people complaining about the issue, it's a literal bomb that detonated. This instantly disproves your theory, big brand customers complain as much as people who buy lesser known products if there are defects in their products.
We arent talking about random software issues, we are talking about literal hardware problems and consistent software issues. Storage dying -> hardware issue, Power IC dying -> hardware issue, Wifi chip dying -> Hardware issue
If someone writes, "Hey my UI doesnt work" then it's likely user caused, but if a ton of people write "After update x my speakers are worse" then it's not user related, it's seriously that simple.
I can tell you for sure, the Rog5 will die for sure, the only question is how, wheter its due to older revision motherboard wifi chip dying, storage nuking itself similair to ZF8 or the power IC dying (ticking timebomb here).
Pick your poison.
I know you're trying to be objective here and arent trying to fanboy or anything, but if you look closer you will realize that I'm also just being objective here, I have just taken more steps to analyze the entire situation more than you have. If you look more into it, you will come to the same conclusion, the Rog5 is just an absolute mess and was way to rushed.

GarvitKhatod
Star III
Calm down guys. The only 🤡 here is this attention seeking guy self claiming to be tech nerd who was seeking lot's of attention previously on Rog 3 forum. He is so toxic that he even ask his blind bootlickers to defend him whenever he is criticized. I previously owned rog 3 and was active on that forum and this clown was always looking for attention. Maybe donate him sum subs he'll feel better 😂. I upgraded from Rog 3 to Rog phone 5 and I can confirm it's a huge upgrade over rog 3 and the most powerful and beast display ever used. Also for you 🤡 you should seek your attention back on Rog 3 forum with your bootlickers and leave us Rog 5 master users alone. Peasant.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GarvitKhatod

Calm down guys. The only 🤡 here is this attention seeking guy self claiming to be tech nerd who was seeking lot's of attention previously on Rog 3 forum. He is so toxic that he even ask his blind bootlickers to defend him whenever he is criticized. I previously owned rog 3 and was active on that forum and this clown was always looking for attention. Maybe donate him sum subs he'll feel better 😂. I upgraded from Rog 3 to Rog phone 5 and I can confirm it's a huge upgrade over rog 3 and the most powerful and beast display ever used. Also for you 🤡 you should seek your attention back on Rog 3 forum with your bootlickers and leave us Rog 5 master users alone. Peasant.

View post
Oh lord arent you the 🤡 that lied about color banding being fixed? 🤣😂

GarvitKhatod

So Guys I was disappointed after updating to Android 11 that black crush is still not fixed. One day I just decided to begin from scratch in android 11 and thus did complete factory reset and boom. Black crush is almost fixed now. Even Endgame trailer looks lit now. 😍👌🏻

P.S. - Try at your own risk of losing valuable data if not backed up. But I did a complete reset and It's the best decision I made. 😍

Black crush Finally Fixed 😍

Dude you literally got rolled and meme'd by people I don't even know because your topic was so bs and full of 💩 that it was just hilarious. Get out of here already 😂🤣