Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 ASUS_I003D
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2106.138
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: constant
APP Name & APP Version: any/all
============================
Alright, so the notification LED seems to have stopped working today for ALL incoming notifications. The LED still works when recharging the phone, but not for notifications. It's not blinking for Gmail, Google Messages, games, smart home apps, etc.
I'm fairly certain it was working just fine yesterday, too. Just started having issues today. There doesn't appear to be an SMMI test for the notification LED so I can't test to see if it's a hardware issue.
I've gone into the settings (Display ➡️ Light management ➡️ LED indicator), made sure the option was enabled. Disabled it, enabled it, no change. Rebooted the device a couple of times, no change.
Tried checking previous threads about this, seems this has been a common issue across multiple ASUS phones (both ROG and Zen), with no clear solution.
It's not a major issue to me. I've had several phones that did away with the notification LED completely, but it is a nice feature to have... And if you have it, it would be great for it to be working, ya know?
17 REPLIES 17

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BPM

To be clear: my issue is less about the notification LED. I don't care that much about it. My main issue is just getting notifications, period (as first noted in my comment on August 15, and further detailed on August 31). I kinda feel like this is getting ignored and overlooked... almost a month since I've created this thread, and not a single response from a forum mod...

View post
It's an android thing. As I said, the LED and notification thing isnt uncommon on other phones either. This is why I said look into samsung forums as they are the largest, maybe look through android subreddits. I'm not sure how mods are supposed to help as it's a widespread weirdness from android as an OS.

BPM
Rising Star II
Ah, gotcha. I thought that was just about the LED thing.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BPM

Ah, gotcha. I thought that was just about the LED thing.

View post
Well it still is, both are linked. The reason the LED isnt going off is because android isnt aware of any notification. The moment you press the powerbutton it checks and realizes "Oh hey, there is a notification". Once you solve the notification on sleep, you fixed your notification LED as well.