cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls from sim 1 after update in Rog 5

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Hello Team,

After the recent update I am unable to make or receive calls from sim 1. I can use the internet, see network strength it's all good but the incoming and out going fails. I reset network settings, rebooted the phone but the issue persist . When I switch the sim to ssim tray 2 , it works. What's going on here? Did you guys cripple sim 1 tray??

48 REPLIES 48

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Created a support ticket and no response from them too. Should I return the phone if you guys ain't gonna pay attention to this?

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Kamal7hydra,
I had a check with the videos shared by you and another user, tried duplicating the issue. The calls work without even enabling VoLTE. I will forward the issue ahead.
Also, as you mentioned you can't factory reset. I will check if there is any known issue here.
Can you check if there is something to do with the hardware:
How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)
Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "
you will be entered to SMMI_TEST
Have you tested a different Network provider SIM in SIM 1 slot?

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Smmi_test for sim1 is working fine when I tested it. Also, I only use one network so I don't have any other. When the same sim working on sim 2 I don't think it would be necessary to use a new one. Also, when I move the sim to tray 1 the volte symbol never comes but works in sim 2 tray. This all happened afer the recent update. No issue with the tray or sim. It's a firmware issue .
@ARP_ASUS

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Any update? Why don't you guys release an hotfix or something soon to fix this.

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Still waiting. Did you guys figure out anything?