This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many OS updates?

abhineet150
Rising Star I
Would like to know how many numbers of OS update would Zenfone 8 receive and should we expect Android 12 and 13.

Just asking as I see Asus tries all the hard they can but is still really late with OS release and rollouts as per the trend.
@CH_ASUS
@Ander
@Gustav
17 REPLIES 17

me_0mby8
Star III
sexiclube55

How long will be supported our ZF8 ? how often we will receive security patches ? Is almost July and we have still 5th april security patch. This is flagship and i think it would be good to receive security patches timely at least first year

Software support period and security patches

Tbh the search feature of the forum could be better. Something like selecting to search under the zenfone 8 topic/sub thread would make it a bit better to search for device specific issues and so on. For example have a look at xda and their this forum option under search.
tld: please give us a better search in the forum.

abhineet150
Rising Star I
me.0mby8

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50073/software-support-period-and-security-patches

Tbh the search feature of the forum could be better. Something like selecting to search under the zenfone 8 topic/sub thread would make it a bit better to search for device specific issues and so on. For example have a look at xda and their this forum option under search.

tld: please give us a better search in the forum.

View post
Thankyou..
You have been helpful and nice to share the post link.
I tried searching using their search box but the search results didn't provide clarity and the results I was looking for.

Also the reason why I posted this question/topic is that whether Asus is planning or thinking in any change in their strategy as most other smartphone manufacturers are providing 3 to 4 years of software support and upgrades

Aryan202
Community Legend I
abhineet150

Would like to know how many numbers of OS update would Zenfone 8 receive and should we expect Android 12 and 13.

Just asking as I see Asus tries all the hard they can but is still really late with OS release and rollouts as per the trend.

@CH_ASUS

@Ander

@Gustav

How many OS updates?
Zenfone line-up has a 2 android os policy
And 2-3 yrs of security patches plus bug fixes

Aryan202
Community Legend I
abhineet150

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177396#Comment_177396

Thankyou..

You have been helpful and nice to share the post link.

I tried searching using their search box but the search results didn't provide clarity and the results I was looking for.

Also the reason why I posted this question/topic is that whether Asus is planning or thinking in any change in their strategy as most other smartphone manufacturers are providing 3 to 4 years of software support and upgrades

View post
Regarding second part of your comment
As of now there's no info if Asus will increase software support period this is something even mods don't know about,only the upper management of Asus mobile knows about this or can take this decision
So basically just expect 2 os upgrades and 3yrs of patches of Zenfone 8 unless Asus states otherwise
In the meantime you can vote and comment in this thread:
AmitGarde

Zenfones from 2018 and beyond should get 3 years of OS support with security patches.

Zenfone 5z - Android 11 with Zenui 6 or Zenui 7

Zenfone 6 - Android 12 with Zenui 7 or Zenui 8

Zenfone 7 - Android 13 With Zenui 8 or Zenui 9

Zenfone 8 series-Android 14 with Zenui 9 or Zenui 10.

Guys if you support this idea your votes are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

@Kris_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS

Support extension for 3 years on Zenfones.
Gotta see what requests Asus accepts from that thread

pipsss81
Rising Star I
I am skeptical about 3rd OS update. More is not always better. I rather see Asus polish last version (13 for ZF8) and just make security updates longer. Android 14 will release in 2024, maybe few months sooner. I doubt battery will last till then.