This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Updates

martinparker28
Rising Star II
In a now closed thread @Anders_ASUS said, and I quote  "We normally update every other month. If any major security risk has been discovered, then we will do our best to push the next security update as fast as possible"..... my Asus Zenfone 8 is still on 5th April security update and even with my basic maths that's 3 months tomorrow!!!!
22 REPLIES 22

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
In new fw .83 is updated security patch to 2021-05-05. Is this JOKE ?

b_preslavski
Star III
sexiclube55

In new fw .83 is updated security patch to 2021-05-05. Is this JOKE ?

View post
A very sad joke, indeed...
At least it seems that they have worked on the "thermals" 🙂

Salvatore
Star III
Btw you can't compare Pixel's release schedule to any other brand, it will always be somehow faster because it doesn't need to be "reworked" for the custom roms. And ZenUI has lot of customizations, they just work under the hood and are less "sparkly" than others.

b_preslavski
Star III
Salvatore

Btw you can't compare Pixel's release schedule to any other brand, it will always be somehow faster because it doesn't need to be "reworked" for the custom roms. And ZenUI has lot of customizations, they just work under the hood and are less "sparkly" than others.

View post
Have you heard of project treble.? I come from xiaomi and Sony, as my latest devices and have always been with the latest security update, which has nothing to do with ui customisations.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
b.preslavski

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176487#Comment_176487

Have you heard of project treble.? I come from xiaomi and Sony, as my latest devices and have always been with the latest security update, which has nothing to do with ui customisations.

View post
Xioami? Their update schedule is once every 90 days even for their latest Mi11 ultra so I doubt they are timely with patches
Sony too for that matter
Pixel and Samsung Flagships are the only ones which consistently deliver with patches