cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

Sim1
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173470#Comment_173470

Confirmed with the team. This is the expected behavior.

VoLTE icon is not showing based on operator requirements but you can try , during a call, if your 4G connection is still maintained. It should - and thus VoLTE would be working in that scenario.

Thank you!

View post
4g is indeed working while on calls. Thanks!

raimundas78
Rising Star I
Any updates on Lithuanian carriers or is too small of a market for Asus to bother?

martinparker28
Rising Star II
raimundas78

Any updates on Lithuanian carriers or is too small of a market for Asus to bother?

View post
If they're willing to take your money for their phones the least they should do is ensure the best possible service to the customers and that should include Wifi Calling and VoLTE....

faisal-l7
Star II
Patiently waiting for enrolling an update to enable the VoLTE & WifiCall in SAUDI ARABIA. It's the largest phone's market for Asus in the Middle east with considering to the ROG series.

Most manufacturers such as "Samsung, xiaomi, sony, Oneplus ...etc" have supported these features out of the box. No need for waiting update.
Unfortunately, Asus don't be committed to support Wificall & VoLTE since the lunch of the ROG and Zenfone series. It's purely Asus' fault. All operators in Saudi Arabia are well-known Telecom companies and they set all regulations in order to be an access for any company who interested to support these features.

I have already reached the Asus's support team in middle east and they directed me to submit my request here.
Your consideration and support are highly appreciated.

czinege_tamas
Star III
My question was not answered last time, so I would like to kindly ask it again:
What is the status of the validation of VoLTE for Telenor Hungary? Thanks