johnnny
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I001D ZS770KL
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every Week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just bought this phone since the first week of April of 2021 and updated the phone up to the latest the problems I had are sudden shutdowns, I keep getting this issue every week and after a month of use the phone freezes and doesn't reboot it stays stuck on the screen. I tried force shutdown it doesn't turn off, I held the power button for a minute it turns off but when I try to turn it on it won't reboot. I charged it and it doesn't turn on the screen, I powered on while charging but it won't turn on, I held the power button, volume up + power button for a minute or so it works but the issue of shutting down every week is still here and it's getting worse that the start up slows down. I need help on this issue hoping for an easy free fix, I loved this phone since it was out and finally saved up to buy one after 2 years so save a new Asus Customer here.
24 REPLIES 24

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi johnnny
1. Sure, providing the video to me or the repair center will be a plus.
2. Besides, when and how did the issue normally happen? Did it often appear while using any gaming app or watching video?
3. Since you mentioned that the issue persists after performing Factory Reset, you may check your inbox and provide me your personal information for further repair guiding if you need any repair-guiding assistance.
Cheers.

Broke
Star I
Yeah, same problem here, and it's really annoying, i see a lot of people complaining about this problem and i saw them saying it's the Android version 10 issues, can't we just get a fix on the software or something instead of telling us to repair our phones, please!
Like bruh, it's 2021 already and I'm still having this issue, there's still no solution for this? It's so annoying tbh, at first my phone shuts down while I'm charging it, that was okay for me, but now it starts shutting down while I'm playing games and it's so annoying i had to restart it and when i restart my phone and open the game again it shuts down itself again it happens for like 5 times, someone please find a way to fix this problem, it happens to everyone! clearly it's not the phones!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Broke

Yeah, same problem here, and it's really annoying, i see a lot of people complaining about this problem and i saw them saying it's the Android version 10 issues, can't we just get a fix on the software or something instead of telling us to repair our phones, please!

Like bruh, it's 2021 already and I'm still having this issue, there's still no solution for this? It's so annoying tbh, at first my phone shuts down while I'm charging it, that was okay for me, but now it starts shutting down while I'm playing games and it's so annoying i had to restart it and when i restart my phone and open the game again it shuts down itself again it happens for like 5 times, someone please find a way to fix this problem, it happens to everyone! clearly it's not the phones!

View post
Doesn't happen to me.
Besides, moderators have already had this checked out and majority of the issue is pointed to hardware.

Broke
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169563#Comment_169563

Doesn't happen to me.

Besides, moderators have already had this checked out and majority of the issue is pointed to hardware.

View post
Okay, then this phone is trash eh, i should've bought OnePlus man🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm not rich at all, i work so hard, i save up money and i wasted a lot of my time instead of studying for this phone because i wanna play PubG with my friends on my free time. Now I can't play anymore cause it won't stop shutting down itself.
I'm really disappointed rn.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Broke

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169564#Comment_169564

Okay, then this phone is trash eh, i should've bought OnePlus man🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm not rich at all, i work so hard, i save up money and i wasted a lot of my time instead of studying for this phone because i wanna play PubG with my friends on my free time. Now I can't play anymore cause it won't stop shutting down itself.

I'm really disappointed rn.

View post
You can always try to downgrade to A9 to see if it reduces the problem. To some, this had worked.
It is worth taking the device to the service centre if you are still in warranty as you never know the hardware defect can cause more problems later. The restart is just the tip of the iceberg by the sounds of things.
If you have brought the phone within the last couple of days, take it back to them and ask for a refund.