cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

Germans
Star III
Can you confirm if VoLTE and VoWiFi enabled on 3 (Three) UK? Thanks!

MASM
Star III
Movistar Spain dont have Volte.

WaSyL
Star III
I was considering this phone, but lack of volte and vowifi pushes me back. Also guys please note that 5G also requires operator configuration in phone, so it will not work. This should have been arranged before launch. Pity.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
WaSyL

I was considering this phone, but lack of volte and vowifi pushes me back. Also guys please note that 5G also requires operator configuration in phone, so it will not work. This should have been arranged before launch. Pity.

View post
They have already started to work with most of operators for all present as well as future models before launch. Just the problem here is work completed is only for few operators and not all.
I want to tell you that they are enabeling volte to Zenfone 8 series but gradually and you should definetly see number of operators enabled in upcoming future firmwares with time. As this process is very time taking because of its full fleged testings and addition of models in there support list is from operators and not ASUS.
Stay tuned!.

efthymiou_i
Star I
WaSyL

View post
Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by 5G requiring operator configuration? How will i know if this phone's 5G will work on my operator?