Star I
System: 20GB Ram 1tb ssd 2tb hdd
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Vivobook A15 F512J
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: not/yet
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I am removing windows and installing linux opensuse for a USB boot. I can not get access to the ssd drive. It does not show up and when I probe around with folders I found I do not have permission to access it. I need to scrub my notebook and have access to ssd and hdd drives to install linux. How to I get acces sto my ssd drive?
20 REPLIES 20

rherbert
Star I
Normally working in command prompts there are different levels of permission. Is there a permission/password level to change to for C: to be formatted perhaps?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
rherbert

Normally working in command prompts there are different levels of permission. Is there a permission/password level to change to for C: to be formatted perhaps?

View post
I tbink you confused. and you didn't know about commands so take your laptop to nearest service center and then ask person to install linux

rherbert
Star I
I am not confused. I did diskpart from an USB flashdrive with an old copy of windows [Win10_1909]. That may be an issue. However, I am not worng about adminstration levels when entering command prompts. I have read up in "trustedinstaller" and it is a problem for many individuals. I need a password to grant me permission to access and reformat my SSD. There is nothing that can happen at a service centre that cannot be done here or through emails if privacy is a concern. Besides, I am unaware of a "service centre" near me in Atlantic Canada and with Covid 19 restrictions, this forum or email is an appropriate forum.
Will Asus staff help resolve this problem?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
rherbert

I am not confused. I did diskpart from an USB flashdrive with an old copy of windows [Win10_1909]. That may be an issue. However, I am not worng about adminstration levels when entering command prompts. I have read up in "trustedinstaller" and it is a problem for many individuals. I need a password to grant me permission to access and reformat my SSD. There is nothing that can happen at a service centre that cannot be done here or through emails if privacy is a concern. Besides, I am unaware of a "service centre" near me in Atlantic Canada and with Covid 19 restrictions, this forum or email is an appropriate forum.

Will Asus staff help resolve this problem?

View post
I have vivobook 15 X542UQ . .I have downloaded fedora workstation live iso and made bootable pendrive,
I booted with that pendrive, choosed live fedora, I checked all SSD and HDD can be seen or not, I can able to see Samsung m.2 SSD sata clearly.
Even in opensuse does not give live option, but opensuse bootable pendrive has detected SSD and HDD also .
If you had NVme SSD then might not detecting in fedora.

rherbert
Star I
I appreciate your diligence Raju. First, you work for Asus on this forum - an observation and not a comment. As an Asus employee, you are able to see what my computer is and its components from my product registration, including what SSD is in my computer and what Controller Type/Interface that is set for. But, I have attached screen shots of both by SSD and my HDD drives. I note that it is my HDD that is Port 0. I mention Port as my desktop boots from an SSD on Port 1 (with HDD on Port 2), but when I have a removable HDD plugged into Port 0 ( used for backup) at startup, I am unable to boot as the OS defaults to Port 0.
As for recognizing and installing, I am unable to install Opensuse and Fedora, but I am also unable to install Win10_20H2_v2. In case it was a problem with my USB flashdrives, I purchased new ones and opened the Win10 iso onto it. That new Win10 USB flashdrive could accesss repair functions but when I attempted to install fresh, the USB flashdrive was not recognized (???) and attempted to reformat the flashdrive.
I do need to get this SSD up and running or have it replaced with 1 TB SSD that can be accessed. Asus has good products. My 2012 purchase of a 1 TB HDD/AMD A6 laptop is still in use for media. So, I am not upset - but I do need to get this laptop up and running to replace my HP Envy.
screenshot-20210505-111148.png
screenshot-20210505-111250.png