This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] ASUS Should Follow The Market Trend For Support Extensions of 3 Years On Zenfones.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Hi All,
As these days we all know Market is flooded with other brands announcing support for 3 years now
Recently brands having 3 or more than 3 year UPDATE support are :-
LG (3 YEARS)
NOKIA (3 YEARS)
SAMSUNG (4 YEARS)
ONEPLUS (3 YEARS)
SONY (3 YEARS FOR FLAGSHIP MODELS)
XAOMI, OPPO, VIVO, REALMI (2 Years major OS but 4 years UI updates)
Now its time for ASUS this year to break the boundaries almost all brands are in league of 3 year support.
We are still in a good hope that it will be announced at the launch event of Zenfone 8 series. @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Mister @Falcon_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @DrAlex_ASUS @Olivier_ASUS @Dominik_ASUS @victor0_ASUS
Asus must include below Zenfone devices for 3 year support Extensions :-
Zenfone 7/7pro (upto Android 13)
Zenfone 6 (upto Android 12)
Zenfone 5Z (upto Android 11)
And should continue same trend for future Zenfones.
Its really very kind request to you MODS please raise this topic to higher authorities and let ASUS do the needful for its very loyal users.
I wish someone is listening to us. 🙂
ANY POSITVE RESPONSE TO THIS FROM ASUS IS APPRECIATED.
This is definetly needed to improve brand value for customers from larger markets like India where Asus have skipped Zenfone 7/7pro so in my opinion these markets are core to success of brands, if those are captured.but asus backed off by focusing only on ROG devices in those Very important market.Where Gaming phones are not everyones cup of tea.
If ASUS is planning to make a comeback to larger markets like india with Zenfone lineup, than i personally feel it is more important to gain back peoples trust on Zenfones by providing good software support by following the trend with its older devices. Also Zenfone 5z & 6 are the only latest devices in those markets so i wish this trend should start From Zenfone 5z as a best sold flagship device with Larger user base than any other flagship for Asus, with very less user complains and problems.
Common ASUS break the silence and compete this trendy market and we as users personally feel ASUS has best hardware just what lacks behind is its software now comparing other OEMS & this Gap should be filled up starting this year.
Thankyou😊
22 REPLIES 22

Aryan202
Community Legend I
I hope they announce something related to this with Zenfone 8's launch
But 3 android os upgrades for 5z possibility is very slim 😞

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
abhinavsargar1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47310/5z-asus-should-follow-the-market-trend-for-support-exte...

It's Good , I agree but about Android Updates and Software Updates, Everyone wants a stable update for every device. So, take some time for research like at most 8 Months but Please provide Stable Updates for Every Asus Device.

View post
Very true..., and that is the reason users keep demanding if they are not satisfied. I still see bugs with my 5z on Android 10 even after so many months after release of Android 10 & also with So much of trying to make it stable. & now i am afraid that we are left with very important bugs which definetly needs a fix but developers have gave up on 5z.
& hence i have raised my voice asking myself that is using a ASUS flagship device a wrong move for such user experience??
5z deserves a happy Good bye with stable Android 10 with latest security patch as possible.
We have seen in month of march update of version 123 Zenfone 5z users got january patch which is not acceptable.
If no any new Android version than atleast stable system is hope for user on choosing a flagship model from any brand.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Aryan202

I hope they announce something related to this with Zenfone 8's launch

But 3 android os upgrades for 5z possibility is very slim 😞

View post
If no 3 Android OS than atleast they should fix existing basic bugs like powermaster & many more to make system more stable by providing a latest security patch atleast.
But Yes Hope is still on and waiting for announcement. 🤞😜

magpt
Star II
Just leaving my support to the idea. 3 years of support seems very reasonable.
A phone should live a minimum of 3 years, so much talk about sustainability and seems many brands want us to change phone every year... Would be great to see Asus following the market trend... 🤔
Better would be to see Asus setting an example! 😁

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
magpt

Just leaving my support to the idea. 3 years of support seems very reasonable.

A phone should live a minimum of 3 years, so much talk about sustainability and seems many brands want us to change phone every year... Would be great to see Asus following the market trend... 🤔

Better would be to see Asus setting an example! 😁

View post
Very much agreed... 😉
Fingers are tightly crossed for announcement on support extensions🤞.