Mostwanted
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Call
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Asus
I've been using Asus Phones from the past 8-10 yrs. Zenfone 2, 2 Max, 2 Selfie, 3 and now ROG 3.
none of the above mentioned devices ever got this feature or an Update enabling Video Calls Over VOLTE.
I Request Asus Officials to work on it and enable this very important feature to its every devices.
this feature is missing in all your devices.
10 REPLIES 10

himverma2012
Rising Star II
I started one thread after I got ROG-3 in the first sale (in India). I realised that there was no video calling option. But somebody helped me to install Google Dialer & Google phone app (replacing the Asus dialer/phone app). Enable video calling option in the settings before disabling the Asus default dialer/phone app & there, you'll be able to get ViLTE option.
The thread is on this forum as well as on XDA. (Works with Jio)

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
rs00442

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161081#Comment_161081

Dear ASUS, stop all rubbish. We just want ViLTE. Don't give bullshit reason for single feature. All this is scrap to hide inability to provide. Lol.

View post
Follow @himverma2012 steps and problem solved. 🙂

himverma2012
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161941#Comment_161941

Follow @himverma2012 steps and problem solved. 🙂

View post
Thanks, I hope it works for @Mostwanted as well

rs00442
Rising Star I
Mostwanted

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Call

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi Asus

I've been using Asus Phones from the past 8-10 yrs. Zenfone 2, 2 Max, 2 Selfie, 3 and now ROG 3.

none of the above mentioned devices ever got this feature or an Update enabling Video Calls Over VOLTE.

I Request Asus Officials to work on it and enable this very important feature to its every devices.

this feature is missing in all your devices.

No Video Call Over VOLTE Network from Dialer app
U know, D basic Video calling feature matters Lot. Asus saying we are providing stock Android experience. That doesn't mean u can't provide ViLTE feature. M going to wait two months or else i wont b Asus user more.

himverma2012
Rising Star II
rs00442

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46619/no-video-call-over-volte-network-from-dialer-app

U know, D basic Video calling feature matters Lot. Asus saying we are providing stock Android experience. That doesn't mean u can't provide ViLTE feature. M going to wait two months or else i wont b Asus user more.

View post
Reduce your waiting duration to 2 weeks, then even we will have less BS on the forum.
Thank you
(Issued in public interest)