This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 hardware failure after update?

zingemarii
Star I
* 12gb/512gb global vr.

I plugged in my cable after playing PUBG and it was charging. It was at 72%, i went back to check for notifications after 5min. and my phone was turned off. It doesnt boot-up, force restart doesnt work same with recovery mode. No indications if the device is charging from both charging ports.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? TIA
11 REPLIES 11

zingemarii
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@zingemarii You could try with another charger, but if it's still not showing any signs of life, I would recommend you contact a local ASUS service center about your issue. Keep the ongoing pandemic in mind and only visit the service center if it's safe for you (and others) to do so.

Let me know how it goes.

View post
i did try other chargers as well but it didnt work
i contacted the service centere here and the only authorized centers for ROG phones is 8 hour drive. And they are also under GCQ so travelling is prohibeted. 😭

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
zingemarii

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160778#Comment_160778

i did try other chargers as well but it didnt work

i contacted the service centere here and the only authorized centers for ROG phones is 8 hour drive. And they are also under GCQ so travelling is prohibeted. 😭

View post
If possible go to a professional phone repair center. Let them test in particular the pm8150 chip it's known the kiss the world goodbye. If its indeed the chip as usual, replace it and you have a happy phone again.