This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Shivam Dahiya

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159580#Comment_159580

Wifi calling not yet available for Airtel users despite they was requested more than several times and a year ago. Even cheapest phones are getting wifi calling for every operator. I expected this time they might , but it just breaks my heart that I could not use very basic and simple features yet.

View post
They are still working closely with airtel to activate VOWIFI it will be added whenever it is ready.
screenshot-20210326-085017642-281-29.jpg
Thanks!

Vamp
Zen Master I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159523#Comment_159523

*S9

Samsung was slow and only offered upto 2 android os versions upto 2020

Only S10 and above will get 3 android versions (S9 was excluded and it was an very popular device)

And remember samsung ships millions of phones, way more than what Asus does I'd even say that Samsung's worst selling phone probably sold more than Asus's best selling device

So there's that samsung has always been an big player in the android market and even they decided to improve support from S10 onwards

Btw my Zenfone 5z got android 10 faster than Samsung's S9 (both are 2018 devices)

Asus can't match samsung in overall support right now hence they offer a unique combination of hardware and software that it to your liking one can see that in Rog and Zenfone flagships they are devices offering stuff which other's aren't with an stockish skin and pro developer support by Asus (roms and gcam)

So yes that's about it

View post
@Aryan202 I agree with you but when compared to RoG series, they are providing only one major android update, so that's why S6 is in comparison.
Zenfone series get 2 but just to be real nobody buys a Zenfone unless they are on sale or somebody can get it for very cheap.
They cannot match samsung but they can try, It won't kill them, it make them grow atleast.

Vableme
Rising Star II
Don't use OnePlus as an example. They're bigger now than ASUS now in terms of mobile devices. So shut thy mouth of unholy alliance that comes out of it.

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Exactly this is the reason I expected VOWiFI in this update . Also we have received it after waiting for more than 3 months , we are not even sure that rog 2 will get any updates in future . Even if it gets should I assume that I have to wait for months to get VOWiFI for Airtel . @amigo00168@gmail.com

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Shivam Dahiya

Exactly this is the reason I expected VOWiFI in this update . Also we have received it after waiting for more than 3 months , we are not even sure that rog 2 will get any updates in future . Even if it gets should I assume that I have to wait for months to get VOWiFI for Airtel . @amigo00168@gmail.com

View post
Yes you have to wait for few more months as it may be alredy in testing phase and let me tell you providing VOWIFI to any model totally depends on carriers so Asus can do nothing until it is released from Airtel.
Note:- 5z Got vowifi for Jio after a year and a half so totally depends when it gets ready.
Stay tuned!