This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159576#Comment_159576

And do you think it's up to the moderators, admin of Zentalk and also the developers to decide on what we get? No. If you're really want to do something about it, rather than sitting around and typing, how about write to the head office and complain to them.

View post
"write to the head office and complain to them."
Seriously? Even if I write to them, do you really think that they will care about it?
The moderators and admins of Zentalk can report our complains to the head office. It'll be more efficent, since this is their job. They can report to them what customers think and want, it is what admins should do.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mustafayolgiden

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159576#Comment_159576

ASUS promised 2 android updates with Zenfone 6, which released couple months before ROG 2. Zenfone 6 was cheaper than ROG 2, so I thought that ROG 2 will get 2 android updates too. At that time I didn't know ROG 1 would only get 1 android update, that's why I said that ASUS deceived me and already lost me as a customer.

I have an ASUS notebook, and an ASUS motherboard on my desktop PC. Being already deceived by ASUS, my next notebook, desktop motherboard as well as phone will not be an ASUS product. And I will not recommend ASUS brand to anyone in my neighbourhood, which means ASUS will lose more customer. (many people ask for advice for their next device around here)

See, this is what happens if you charge 1000 USD for a phone and don't give it to a proper support. I'm sure many ROG 1 and 2 users are angry about after sales support and lack of updates. This will backfire on ASUS in the future, like they may not sell ROG 5 or 6 as they planned.

View post
"ASUS promised 2 android updates with Zenfone 6, which released couple months before ROG 2. Zenfone 6 was cheaper than ROG 2, so I thought that ROG 2 will get 2 android updates too. At that time I didn't know ROG 1 would only get 1 android update, that's why I said that ASUS deceived me and already lost me as a customer."
I still see no evidence that ASUS stated you would get 2 OS updates for ROG 2.
"I have an ASUS notebook, and an ASUS motherboard on my desktop PC. Being already deceived by ASUS, my next notebook, desktop motherboard as well as phone will not be an ASUS product. And I will not recommend ASUS brand to anyone in my neighbourhood, which means ASUS will lose more customer. (many people ask for advice for their next device around here)"
Nothing new then and believe me, you're not the first one and you won't be the last one to say that. ASUS won't be the first or last company likewise.
"See, this is what happens if you charge 1000 USD for a phone and don't give it to a proper support. I'm sure many ROG 1 and 2 users are angry about after sales support and lack of updates. This will backfire on ASUS in the future, like they may not sell ROG 5 or 6 as they planned."
Your definition of support is no Android OS update and no new features. From what I can see, the support is here on Zentalk. There are Service Centres (I don't know about the regional problems, but that's more politics than anything else.
Some of the things like bringing back the earphone jack is on ROG 5 when it was not there on ROG 3. Moderators/Admin of Zentalk here do help and by saying you're not getting help when you have problems, then they won't have a job and thus Zentalk won't exists.
"Seriously? Even if I write to them, do you really think that they will care about it?
The moderators and admins of Zentalk can report our complains to the head office. It'll be more efficent, since this is their job. They can report to them what customers think and want, it is what admins should do."
Do you think I am joking?
That's how you would lodge a complaint to a company formally. Zentalk is just a forum for support, but people are using it as a discussion. Moderators have been very light here in terms of policing the forums, which is a good thing.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mustafayolgiden

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159577#Comment_159577

"write to the head office and complain to them."

Seriously? Even if I write to them, do you really think that they will care about it?

The moderators and admins of Zentalk can report our complains to the head office. It'll be more efficent, since this is their job. They can report to them what customers think and want, it is what admins should do.

View post
Headoffice knows everythings before we request anything here like looking at competation they try to act & decide wisely with however possible in whatever resources they have by there side to keep customers satisfaction at peak but sometimes some things go really well and some doesnt and so This is what it is.. But let me assure you that it will be improved with time.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
melody860909

問題超大的,謝邀,問就是有被醜到。

整個系統的按鍵顯示配置全都放大一圈先不說,本來好好的可以用的message一整個完全無法顯示了必須更新才行,然後還有整體介面就是視覺看得出來的「醜」

這邊被強制更新安裝完後現在是真的超級大崩潰,我後悔了我想回去本來的顯示介面,救命

View post
我怎麼覺得沒變,配置都一樣啊,你那個message是太久沒更新吧,我升11後都正常顯示啊...,只有電源選單有改變,但我覺得是變的更完整了

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159579#Comment_159579

That looks to be an update from last time.

If you go to Setting - System - About Phone - Software Information - Build Number will tell you your update.

If you do a clear cache on FOTA, it will wipe out the information on the update screen, but it will return on the next update if you don't mind that is.

If you want to know what has changed, here it is:

screenshot-20210325-150423574.jpg

View post
Wifi calling not yet available for Airtel users despite they was requested more than several times and a year ago. Even cheapest phones are getting wifi calling for every operator. I expected this time they might , but it just breaks my heart that I could not use very basic and simple features yet.