This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159571#Comment_159571

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159573#Comment_159573

Where is this so called message that ROG 2 would get 2 major OS updates? Until there is evidence, your comment about decieiving you is obsurd.

At the end of day, ASUS has fixed software that we have asked of them and if it isn't fixed, they still try again and get these fixed. Yes, there are still things not working, but that doesn't mean it is not going to be corrected. Especially the ones I had anyway.

View post
And do you think it's up to the moderators, admin of Zentalk and also the developers to decide on what we get? No. If you're really want to do something about it, rather than sitting around and typing, how about write to the head office and complain to them.

parwar
Star I
I have a global, I’m not talking about any change, update information, why don’t know what information has changed

parwar
Star I
screenshot-20210325-183620254.jpg
I have a global, I’m not talking about any change, update information, why don’t know what information has changed

ronald1985
Community Legend I
parwar

screenshot-20210325-183620254.jpg

View post
That looks to be an update from last time.
If you go to Setting - System - About Phone - Software Information - Build Number will tell you your update.
If you do a clear cache on FOTA, it will wipe out the information on the update screen, but it will return on the next update if you don't mind that is.
If you want to know what has changed, here it is:
screenshot-20210325-150423574.jpg

mustafayolgiden
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159571#Comment_159571

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159573#Comment_159573

Where is this so called message that ROG 2 would get 2 major OS updates? Until there is evidence, your comment about decieiving you is obsurd.

At the end of day, ASUS has fixed software that we have asked of them and if it isn't fixed, they still try again and get these fixed. Yes, there are still things not working, but that doesn't mean it is not going to be corrected. Especially the ones I had anyway.

View post
ASUS promised 2 android updates with Zenfone 6, which released couple months before ROG 2. Zenfone 6 was cheaper than ROG 2, so I thought that ROG 2 will get 2 android updates too. At that time I didn't know ROG 1 would only get 1 android update, that's why I said that ASUS deceived me and already lost me as a customer.
I have an ASUS notebook, and an ASUS motherboard on my desktop PC. Being already deceived by ASUS, my next notebook, desktop motherboard as well as phone will not be an ASUS product. And I will not recommend ASUS brand to anyone in my neighbourhood, which means ASUS will lose more customer. (many people ask for advice for their next device around here)
See, this is what happens if you charge 1000 USD for a phone and don't give it to a proper support. I'm sure many ROG 1 and 2 users are angry about after sales support and lack of updates. This will backfire on ASUS in the future, like they may not sell ROG 5 or 6 as they planned.