This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai charging issue

jithin_pattambi
Rising Star I
hi... anyone have issue with the ai charging??.. In my device the battery is getting charged before the scheduled time..Even after the latest update no change..Even i have tried in soft mode.. Any suggest me some troubleshooting.
17 REPLIES 17

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
CH_ASUS said:
CH_ASUS said:
Thank you, we'll take this back to our developers as well.
please do it
Are you able to share a bit more about the behavior you are seeing?

For example if you set "end time" to 8AM.
When did you find the phone being fully charged already? This is so we can check if your case is expected result from the system or a bug.
last night i have set the time from 2am to 9am (22%) ... The mobile charges normally by 2 hrs.. when i check the mobile at 4am its fully charged by that time..
How is the status for the recent days? Does it always have your phone charged by 4am (although I understand you may not wish to check every night). As mentioned the mechanism is supposed to charge your phone to 100% before (not stricly only at) your "end time".

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
CH_ASUS said:
CH_ASUS said:
please do it

When did you find the phone being fully charged already? This is so we can check if your case is expected result from the system or a bug.
last night i have set the time from 2am to 9am (22%) ... The mobile charges normally by 2 hrs.. when i check the mobile at 4am its fully charged by that time..
How is the status for the recent days? Does it always have your phone charged by 4am (although I understand you may not wish to check every night). As mentioned the mechanism is supposed to charge your phone to 100% before (not stricly only at) your "end time".

hi there.. rightly said but my scheduled charging time ends at 5am if i plug my device post 5am still it goes for scheduled charging which slow downs charging i guess. here is the screenshot. i plugged in at 5.17am but still scheduled charging started it should not happen.. right? 
6k4gvjurbv54.jpg

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
People should not be delusional. It's micro-charging that kills battery. So normally a phone shuts off at 100%. But then what happens a while later? It drops to 99% and charging starts again. Rinse, repeat all night long. That is what kills batteries. AI charging with all due respect does not do anything differently and does not eliminate micro-charging. It's that constant charge and heat that shortens life span of batteries. I wouldn't use the feature. Just unplug and don't leave overnight. That's HI (human intelligence). 

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I don't think this is the way charging works. First, any kind of charging at 80% is much safer for battery than 100%. Second, after reaching 81% (with that battery saver) I don't see any power draw difference over time  when phone is in deep sleep (average 0.05A) or with screen on when it draws significantly more (0.2-0.3A). That makes me think phone takes all power it needs directly from charger, not battery. Therefore, I don't think there are any 'micro chargings' and this tool can help the battery last longer. Used USB Tester to prove it, not any kind of software. Ultimately, there is an electrician who knows more about this @evnchn - I kinda want to hear what he'll say.

jithin_pattambi
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS said:
CH_ASUS said:
CH_ASUS said:
please do it

i have checked even yesterday ...same happens.. mobile gets charged normally before the scheduled end time.  i think there's some bug on my ai feature..hope its gets fixes in next ota..  @CH_AS@CH_ASUS can u please forward this to your developer team and fix in next ota..