This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Asus, where are you?

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Hi there! First of all, I am very sorry if I write badly, I am Spanish and I am using Google Translate. Also, I want to say that I am not an Asus Fanboy, I am just a simple user who wants to give my opinion.
I have a Rog 3 of 16Gb. I bought it as soon as it went on sale on the official website. I've been visiting this forum for a long time, I don't write much, but I always read. The reason I'm writing this is because I feel like I have a different phone than other users seem to have. What I mean is that maybe the Rog3, depending on the version, have bugs or not. On my phone for example, I don't have blackcrush, nor did I have the L3 problem, the battery lasts a long time and in general, the phone is doing quite well.
From here on, I don't mean to say that the phone is perfect, it isn't, and it has bugs, like all phones. I understand that this is a very expensive phone (especially my 16gb phone) and it is true that Asus should have better support.
We are talking about an expensive phone without VolTE, without monthly updates, with a security patch from December 2020 to March 2021 .. anyway .. I feel, that my phone is different from the rest of those who comment on this forum, but at the same time I feel that Asus support is very bad. Users need Asus to clarify its update policy. A 6 month old flagship phone should not have a 4 month old security patch, this is very concerning.
A flagship phone should have VolTE, when 3g networks disappear .. what do we do? do we throw it away? Asus please put the batteries on ..
In short, this is my opinion, my phone works fine, but I understand most of the complaints on this forum. I think we all deserve better support, we pay a lot of money to invest in Asus Rog Phone 3, and Asus is abandoning us. Just think .. if the rog3, 6 months old, is in the December 2020 patch .. where will it be in 1 year or a year and a half? anyway .. just think ..
32 REPLIES 32

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Sry about the two big af messages and hijacking your thread >.<

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Android 11 beta mails are out
Beta 1 should be pushed in the next few days
And yes those on stable will probably get an new ota too in the meantime on android 10

momeimada
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

No black crush you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FZ-pPFAjYY&t=31s

Watch this video at exacly 60% brightness in a dark room and tell me again you don't have black crush lmao.

View post

I have the global version; I tested on this video and don't have a black crush.
But in 0 brightness it was hard to watch, and I think it's normal because the movie was too dark.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Jesp.r

Hi there! First of all, I am very sorry if I write badly, I am Spanish and I am using Google Translate. Also, I want to say that I am not an Asus Fanboy, I am just a simple user who wants to give my opinion.

I have a Rog 3 of 16Gb. I bought it as soon as it went on sale on the official website. I've been visiting this forum for a long time, I don't write much, but I always read. The reason I'm writing this is because I feel like I have a different phone than other users seem to have. What I mean is that maybe the Rog3, depending on the version, have bugs or not. On my phone for example, I don't have blackcrush, nor did I have the L3 problem, the battery lasts a long time and in general, the phone is doing quite well.

From here on, I don't mean to say that the phone is perfect, it isn't, and it has bugs, like all phones. I understand that this is a very expensive phone (especially my 16gb phone) and it is true that Asus should have better support.

We are talking about an expensive phone without VolTE, without monthly updates, with a security patch from December 2020 to March 2021 .. anyway .. I feel, that my phone is different from the rest of those who comment on this forum, but at the same time I feel that Asus support is very bad. Users need Asus to clarify its update policy. A 6 month old flagship phone should not have a 4 month old security patch, this is very concerning.

A flagship phone should have VolTE, when 3g networks disappear .. what do we do? do we throw it away? Asus please put the batteries on ..

In short, this is my opinion, my phone works fine, but I understand most of the complaints on this forum. I think we all deserve better support, we pay a lot of money to invest in Asus Rog Phone 3, and Asus is abandoning us. Just think .. if the rog3, 6 months old, is in the December 2020 patch .. where will it be in 1 year or a year and a half? anyway .. just think ..

Hello Asus, where are you?
I too,have the rog 16GB,and my experience has been exactly as yours,no black crush and outstanding performance
But don't be that alarmed for updates,for a phone that gets very few updates,it still holds the performance and non buggy state as it when arrived in my (then) local reseller,I doubt that an iphone or samsung phone would survive a full 2 months or even 4 months without updates or security patches,and personally with all the gaming I have done in recent months"except the frame drops on genshin impact(you know,the completely unoptimized game)"I haven't encountered a single boggling bug that would unsatisfy my experience,so don't be too worried of the updates,it's not that big of a deal

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45954/hello-asus-where-are-you

I too,have the rog 16GB,and my experience has been exactly as yours,no black crush and outstanding performance

But don't be that alarmed for updates,for a phone that gets very few updates,it still holds the performance and non buggy state as it when arrived in my (then) local reseller,I doubt that an iphone or samsung phone would survive a full 2 months or even 4 months without updates or security patches,and personally with all the gaming I have done in recent months"except the frame drops on genshin impact(you know,the completely unoptimized game)"I haven't encountered a single boggling bug that would unsatisfy my experience,so don't be too worried of the updates,it's not that big of a deal

View post
There is no way in hell that you don't have black crush. If I see a single OLED panel that doesnt have black crush I'll literally hail the phone manufacturer to be the single greatest manufacturer on the planet. When people refer to black crush they mean greyscale banding, which I'm quite sure your phone also has. Infact I distincly remember you mentioning it that you have it but aren't bothered by it. All the Rog3 phones have greyscale banding without exception.