DeanG
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Asus needs to confirm whether VoLTE and VoWifi will be working on this device! I don't see anything in the tech specs and clearly nothing I see anywhere from Asus.
This needs to be addressed.
17 REPLIES 17

DeanG
Star II
hank_email_is

They should as I understand the issue was more the license than implement in software, since they already paid for it for rog 3 don't see why they won't just integrate it in rog 5

View post
There's no license per se, there is a standard that almost all telecoms follow. All Asus has to do is add the coding. Google GSMA
It's 2021, VoLTE and VoWifi should have been standard in all their devices no less than 2 years ago.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Hello this is from Rog 5's firmware
The operators stated here might possibly support volte and further down the line older Rog/Zenfones might get the support too
Check if you can find your regional operators here
Just an FYI:Even if your operator is stated here take the info with a pinch of salt 😄 you never know what'll happen

rimsv77
Rising Star II
where can i find this file in zenfone 7 pro? I would like to see if there is any operator for volte. on rog 5 he has a vodafone

Aryan202
Community Legend I
rimsv77

where can i find this file in zenfone 7 pro? I would like to see if there is any operator for volte. on rog 5 he has a vodafone

View post
I dunno to be honest someone pulled this out of Rog 5's WW firmware
So if Rog 5 really does support all those carriers then older phones will get the same soon

mickey10021
Rising Star II
rimsv77

View post
Here is from latest Zenfone 7 Pro firmware. It's inside modem image file.
Quite a different and a lot of operators are missing compare to rog phone 5 so definitely an improvement behind the scene