This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blur spots in middle of every wide angle photo.

Not applicable
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version:ww.17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: evey time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera 7.4.17.0
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I tried clearing camera storage and also tried safe mode but nothing happens.
16157343291446762028177731138020.jpg

72 REPLIES 72

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
gugul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45751/blur-spots-in-middle-of-every-wide-angle-photo

I've been asking to fix it since last 3 months. The wide angle cam is fixed focused. You really have to be careful to get a sharp image. You won't get it everytime too. I've stopped using the wide angle cam, instead I'm using the panorama mode from the primary cam and it's much much better.

View post
The ultrawide cam does not have any focus. I tested my ultrawide and it seemed normal, no blur in the middle and I got consistent images, you did check your lens right? Otherwise maybe something is wrong with the camera lens itself.

gugul
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156874#Comment_156874

The ultrawide cam does not have any focus. I tested my ultrawide and it seemed normal, no blur in the middle and I got consistent images, you did check your lens right? Otherwise maybe something is wrong with the camera lens itself.

View post
Yeahhh buddy, I had checked mine. As I've mentioned no blur specifically in the middle, but the images are not sharp at all. Looks kinda cheap as if taken from a 5mp ultrawide cam. It has been like that since the .78 update. Gcam somehow manages to get me a decent usable image from that ultrawide(only in well lit situation, not in artificial or low light), but the stock cam doesn't.
The primary cam is literally excellent. I love the output (except the edge detection in portrait mode). The team just needs to fine-tune the edge detection and look into the ultrawide cam problem.
For now I use the main cam in panorama mode for wide shots which gives me 10times better result than the ultrawide cam.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
gugul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157589#Comment_157589

Yeahhh buddy, I had checked mine. As I've mentioned no blur specifically in the middle, but the images are not sharp at all. Looks kinda cheap as if taken from a 5mp ultrawide cam. It has been like that since the .78 update. Gcam somehow manages to get me a decent usable image from that ultrawide(only in well lit situation, not in artificial or low light), but the stock cam doesn't.

The primary cam is literally excellent. I love the output (except the edge detection in portrait mode). The team just needs to fine-tune the edge detection and look into the ultrawide cam problem.

For now I use the main cam in panorama mode for wide shots which gives me 10times better result than the ultrawide cam.

View post
The ultrawide is much inferior to the normal camera. Specswise it's simply much worse to it will never match the main camera.

Not applicable
Hello Guys,

Check out these photos.
I contacted Service center and they said its some kind of bug and you need to wait for the update to get this fixed.
and the lenses of camera are okay.
p-20210318-121031-1.jpg
p-20210318-121031-2.jpg

ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Try this and share results:

1. Click 2 Photos. 1 with and without HDR on
  2. In Camera settings enable Pre-AF and tracking AF

Let me know if this helps is better results

View post

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rehbarali

Hello Guys,

Check out these photos.

I contacted Service center and they said its some kind of bug and you need to wait for the update to get this fixed.

and the lenses of camera are okay.

p-20210318-121031-1.jpg

p-20210318-121031-2.jpg

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157568#Comment_157568

View post
I call B.S
p-20210318-141111.jpg

This is the stock app in low light no less. No blurspots or similair. If this is indeed caused by software I should also have the blurspot.