This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule charging

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I don't think the schedule charging option works on my phone. I set it to charge overnight from 9 pm till 9 am at about 8.50 pm plugged it in made sure the toggle was on but it just started charging straight away as normal. Am I missing something
30 REPLIES 30

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Almost 24 hours since I did the hard reset and I am very happy that I did it. My battery seems to be lasting a lot longer today. I started about 5.30 am with a full charge and just got home now ( 3.30 pm ) and I have only gone through 18% of the charge. I have not done anything different today eg phone calls , android auto, ( I had the battery settings to stop charging at 90% and started AAat 87% so it only added 3%) streamed I movie for 20 minutes, and surfed the Net , usually this would use about 30 to 35 % charge. I don't really understand why but I am very happy.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156830#Comment_156830

Thanks for the tip , or should I be thanking you for backing up the little voice in the back of all ,/most of our minds. No-one likes doing a hard reset because it's a pain in the UNO and who needs a pain in the UNO But your quite right it works.

I couldn't understand why I was getting such weird behaviour when trying different fixes ,or at least what I thought were fixes until the results just wouldn't tally.in the long term so I bit the damnd bullet and did the dreaded tonight and yes so far so good.

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting,or so they say,so I may post again after a day or threr, but I have been tinkering with the alarm system for a couple of hours now and so far it seems fixed,eg , when you set a schedule and back out or simply close the page and reopen it it stays the same. No more eronious readings.

Some things never change eh I remember when the very first of the Nokia Lumia phones came out ,the go to fix all was a hard reset and all these years later with the latest devices ( notice how we call them devices now and not phones) sometimes it just comes back to the PHONE getting confused and needs to be reborn./reset

Anyway again thanks for your help

View post
Roystoys

Almost 24 hours since I did the hard reset and I am very happy that I did it. My battery seems to be lasting a lot longer today. I started about 5.30 am with a full charge and just got home now ( 3.30 pm ) and I have only gone through 18% of the charge. I have not done anything different today eg phone calls , android auto, ( I had the battery settings to stop charging at 90% and started AAat 87% so it only added 3%) streamed I movie for 20 minutes, and surfed the Net , usually this would use about 30 to 35 % charge. I don't really understand why but I am very happy.

View post
As factory reset is always a fresh start with the OS it will wash out all your problems and i am glad that it helped you in every possible aspect like
It fixed schedule charging bug
It fixed battery unwanted draining.
I wish other users follow same path and get there problem fixed.
Now njoy with smoother & faster bug free ZENUI 7😁
Happy to help always!
Have a great day
Stay safe:)

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Thanks Amit . I never really thought of a phone like a router but yes a factory reset certainly got the tiny bugs out the same as it does when my Asus router starts playing Up 👍

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Roystoys

Thanks Amit . I never really thought of a phone like a router but yes a factory reset certainly got the tiny bugs out the same as it does when my Asus router starts playing Up 👍

View post
It would have been enough to clear the storage of PowerMaster to fix the scheduled charging issue but I'm happy your battery life got better so it was not for nothing 😄

rcledou
Star III
Hello,
A French moderator , Olivier, provide a tips which have work on my device without making a factory reset :
Go to settings, applications , display XX applications, click on option on the top right (3 dots), display system process, Power master, Storage and cache, Erase data.
Then reboot the phone.
Some options may have a wrong translation as my phone is in French, but it solve the issue on my side and schedule charging now work well with the last fw: 53.23
Enjoy!