This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like the release for the Rog5 was too early.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
No offense ASUS but I think you simply messed up here big time. The Rog5 has no real upgrade over the Rog3 and you're already having an inferior gaming phone to the competition. The red magic 6 has 165hz and a 500hz touch sampling rate with all the important features like their own version of armor crate and such.
Where is the innovation? I was excited to see the Rog5 but all I got to see was a ton of gimmicks that are cool for the first 30min and then you simply forget they exist.
I honestly think it was simply too early for the Rog5. It's now in a really awkward position where it's not even the worlds fastest phone on release.
No to mention I saw some black crush on some reviews, while you promised on your promotion that you made sure it wouldn't have black crush. This concerns me as a Rog3 user as well.
Overall quite dissapointed about the Rog5.

11 REPLIES 11

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

No offense ASUS but I think you simply messed up here big time. The Rog5 has no real upgrade over the Rog3 and you're already having an inferior gaming phone to the competition. The red magic 6 has 165hz and a 500hz touch sampling rate with all the important features like their own version of armor crate and such.

Where is the innovation? I was excited to see the Rog5 but all I got to see was a ton of gimmicks that are cool for the first 30min and then you simply forget they exist.

I honestly think it was simply too early for the Rog5. It's now in a really awkward position where it's not even the worlds fastest phone on release.

No to mention I saw some black crush on some reviews, while you promised on your promotion that you made sure it wouldn't have black crush. This concerns me as a Rog3 user as well.

Overall quite dissapointed about the Rog5.

Feel like the release for the Rog5 was too early.
Yeah the launch was early comparatively
It's been like 8 months since rog 3's launch
I guess this was to accomodate their Zenfone series launch
Asus only has two flagship series phone the Rog and the Zenfone
So I guess they would want to have enough launch difference between both so that one's launch doesn't affect other's sales (this kinda happened last year)
Today the Zenfone 8 was certified on some cites so I believe the launch is near
About black crush which video was it? All of the videos I've watched didn't show it nor did any reviewer (the bigger and the smaller ones) talk anything about it,most said postive stuff about it
And btw isn't eliminating black crush and tint fully like impossible on oleds even A+ tier samsung oleds have those issues and Rog 5 employs an samsung OLED with calibration by then and pixel works so imo the screen is better but still has some of it ?
And lastly other gaming phones can't provide the same experience as rog it's about the ui, support,gcam/rom development,Asus releases the kernel sources on time and source with every firmware,the ecosystem, accessories etc even if the other gaming phones have an edge in the hardware Rog is still better at the end of the day
Better camera algorithm and more features too
I doubt anything can much what armory crate offers as a whole

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45595/feel-like-the-release-for-the-rog5-was-too-early

So I guess they would want to have enough launch difference between both so that one's launch doesn't affect other's sales (this kinda happened last year)

About black crush which video was it? All of the videos I've watched didn't show it nor did any reviewer (the bigger and the smaller ones) talk anything about it,most said postive stuff about it

And btw isn't eliminating black crush and tint fully like impossible on oleds even A+ tier samsung oleds have those issues and Rog 5 employs an samsung OLED with calibration by then and pixel works so imo the screen is better but still has some of it ?

And lastly other gaming phones can't provide the same experience as rog it's about the ui, support,gcam/rom development,Asus releases the kernel sources on time and source with every firmware,the ecosystem, accessories etc even if the other gaming phones have an edge in the hardware Rog is still better at the end of the day

View post
Another clueless reponse. Please stop responding to anything technical at this point, thanks.
Black crush can be fully eliminated which can be seen on OLED televisions. It's hard work and requires custom calibration for each unit but it IS possible. About the video I cannot remember the title exacly anymore but you can search for "Rog5 Unboxing" it wasn't english but unlike all the useless reviewer he went ahead and played some HDR content on the phone, there was a sunrise part where the screen went full black crush ham.
The nubia has literally the same features as the Rog series, game genie, armory crate etc. Not to mention nubias dev community is equally small to the ROG one. You clearly haven't looked into nubias offerings yet you still open your mouth about claiming nonsense, stop it this instant. It's quite clear your irrational fanboyism is getting in the way of your rational thinking, Hence I suggest once again, stop responding to anything technical as you're absolutely clueless it hurts.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156368#Comment_156368

Another clueless reponse. Please stop responding to anything technical at this point, thanks.

Black crush can be fully eliminated which can be seen on OLED televisions. It's hard work and requires custom calibration for each unit but it IS possible. About the video I cannot remember the title exacly anymore but you can search for "Rog5 Unboxing" it wasn't english but unlike all the useless reviewer he went ahead and played some HDR content on the phone, there was a sunrise part where the screen went full black crush ham.

The nubia has literally the same features as the Rog series, game genie, armory crate etc. Not to mention nubias dev community is equally small to the ROG one. You clearly haven't looked into nubias offerings yet you still open your mouth about claiming nonsense, stop it this instant. It's quite clear your irrational fanboyism is getting in the way of your rational thinking, Hence I suggest once again, stop responding to anything technical as you're absolutely clueless it hurts.

View post
Please help us find that video ,atleast provide us with a screen shot of the search
I really wanna see the truth about black crush in rog 5

DeanG
Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45595/feel-like-the-release-for-the-rog5-was-too-early

View post
Let's hope at seeing that on Zenfone 8 they got rid of that flip camera.....