cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessories compability

Razgriz
Rising Star II
Hi, all
First, congrats to asus for their launch of rog phone 5..
So many ppl love it, including me..
I want to upgrade from my rog 3, but there is something that bugging me..
I bought rog 2 with its suitcase edition..im so happy when announced that some rog 2 acc is compatible with rog 3, n i bought it then sold my rog 2..
But now, since side port of rog 5 is different, i cant use my old acc, i.e twinview dock n mobile desktop dock, right?
Or there is something like converter so i still can use it with rog 5?
Its kinda sad if i stuck with rog 3 forever, because i often use twinview n desktop dock..
Thx..
1 REPLY 1

Jakeo
Star III
I would also like to know if we can still connect the ROG phone 5 to the mobile desktop dock. The phone still as available USB C ports so why wouldn't the mobile desktop work?
Will the mobile desktop dock at least work for outputting to a display because I use my desktop dock a lot with my ROG phone 3 but as my ROG phone 3 recently got totalled I need a new phone but I don't want to lose functionality of my mobile desktop dock I JUST BOUGHT. It's the brand new desktop dock Asus released in 2020.

It seems absurd to me that the desktop dock isn't compatible. Is there a specific reason? Isnt the professional dock just the same USB C to HDMI convertor tech anyway? So in theory the ROG phone 5 should output to display if connected to the mobile desktop dock ?