cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k video recording stutters

teegee
Star III
Hi,
I'm on a 7 pro with the latest available software, and the factory camera app struggles with 4k videos. The videos have a few seconds of awful stutters after about 15 seconds of recording. Not just on the viewfinder, they are recorded like that. No other apps are running in the background, not that it should matter.
Good shots were ruined, and I'm not happy. Does anyone else have this problem?
screenshot-20210225-100151340-281-29.jpg
screenshot-20210225-095342547-281-29.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
tgergely.bme

Hi,

I'm on a 7 pro with the latest available software, and the factory camera app struggles with 4k videos. The videos have a few seconds of awful stutters after about 15 seconds of recording. Not just on the viewfinder, they are recorded like that. No other apps are running in the background, not that it should matter.

Good shots were ruined, and I'm not happy. Does anyone else have this problem?

screenshot-20210225-100151340-281-29.jpg

screenshot-20210225-095342547-281-29.jpg

4k video recording stutters
Try restarting your phone and then make 3-4 short 15s videos. Is it still stuttering after this?
I'm on A11 with my ZF7 and there's no 4K stuttering after I've made 2-3 videos. I don't know why it stuttered in the begging but after this, I can't make it stutter again. Even after a restart

teegee
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45133/4k-video-recording-stutters

Try restarting your phone and then make 3-4 short 15s videos. Is it still stuttering after this?

I'm on A11 with my ZF7 and there's no 4K stuttering after I've made 2-3 videos. I don't know why it stuttered in the begging but after this, I can't make it stutter again. Even after a restart

View post
Yes, unfortunately it's still stuttering after a restart. Not every time, about once in every 3 videos (typically the first time when I open the camera after not using it for a while). Hopefully A11 will solve it, I plan to do a factory reset when I get the update anyways. But if you have any updates on this, please share. Thanks Anders!