Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 4800H (FX506IU) stutters every 4-5 hours

LoweRus
Rising Star I
System: Win 10
Battery or AC: not matter
Model: FX506IU
Frequency of occurrence: every 4-5 hours.
Reset OS: +
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
For the 6th month now, there is no solution to the problem with stuttering sound and images on the TUF A15 (FX506IU) laptop model with Ryzen 7 4800H processors. I have already changed all the parts of my laptop at the service center, but the problem persists. If someone has this problem, like me, let me know, let's help Asus understand that the problem is not iron marriage. I have met many people already with the same problem. For many, it is solved by removing the IDE ATA / ATAPI driver from AMD, but removing this driver did not help me. I ask Asus to clarify the process of solving this problem, because now I am being asked to send my laptop to Taipei, without saying anything about refunds, very funny)
If you are also somehow connected with this problem - let me know here! Otherwise, the problem will not be solved!
Asus! Wake up! It's just a BIOS or driver problem! Take the situation into your own hands!
Who did not understand what I mean, below I will leave links to posts where the problem is described:
(Thanks to Asus for the ability to conveniently post links)

32 REPLIES 32

vtdz0000
Star I
Hi there. I got the same issues with you guys, I try everything i can such as: reinstall windows, using many different driver version, even the stock ones and even ASUS-Recovery windows, bios 302->314. still cant be solved
I playing game quite alot, more than 6h a day to experience this things. the stutter can happen even 4 times in a day that i grinding game so hard
But rn seem likely solved. i'll decribe :
Update ssd firmware( Cant solve at the time but still listed because idk if it effect or not)
Backup my data to somewhere else not on laptop
Wipe the entire ssd, delete partitions, and let windows install divide partition itself
Let windows update driver itself ( i think it doesnt matter because it doesnt matter in the pass)
Take all data back
No more ramdomly stuttering 2-3s for 3-5h(it's time between 2 stutterings, it's can happen in mins after start windows) of using (even doing nothing)
Quite a time like a week after, i start to really think it's totally gone.
And then, I install DTS sound which missing (an ASUS required soft that make laptop speaker sound good) and AutoCAD Mechanical, restart then
This Issue come back
In a ramdom day it's happen just 1 time, very rare, totally happy with it
i know how it's look like: Sound come weird like lag, mouse stuttering, every function became stutter 2-3 seconds so dont think i confused that stuttering with somethings else
***** Idk what cause, It's should not happen in the first place, all process take a lot of time, i mean, day by day by day by day to test all. Why i spend alot of time like this?-> Because i hate things that dont function as it suppose to be
Sorry for my bad English, wish u luck

LoweRus
Rising Star I
vtdz0000

Hi there. I got the same issues with you guys, I try everything i can such as: reinstall windows, using many different driver version, even the stock ones and even ASUS-Recovery windows, bios 302->314. still cant be solved

I playing game quite alot, more than 6h a day to experience this things. the stutter can happen even 4 times in a day that i grinding game so hard

But rn seem likely solved. i'll decribe :

• Update ssd firmware( Cant solve at the time but still listed because idk if it effect or not)
  • Backup my data to somewhere else not on laptop
  • Wipe the entire ssd, delete partitions, and let windows install divide partition itself
  • Let windows update driver itself ( i think it doesnt matter because it doesnt matter in the pass)
  • Take all data back

No more ramdomly stuttering 2-3s for 3-5h(it's time between 2 stutterings, it's can happen in mins after start windows) of using (even doing nothing)

Quite a time like a week after, i start to really think it's totally gone.

And then, I install DTS sound which missing (an ASUS required soft that make laptop speaker sound good) and AutoCAD Mechanical, restart then

• This Issue come back
  • In a ramdom day it's happen just 1 time, very rare, totally happy with it
  • i know how it's look like: Sound come weird like lag, mouse stuttering, every function became stutter 2-3 seconds so dont think i confused that stuttering with somethings else

***** Idk what cause, It's should not happen in the first place, all process take a lot of time, i mean, day by day by day by day to test all. Why i spend alot of time like this?-> Because i hate things that dont function as it suppose to be

Sorry for my bad English, wish u luck

View post
Yes, I understand you very much, friend! Tell me, please, how did you update / change the SSD firmware? I have a standard 512GB SSD from Kingston and an additional 250GB SSD from WD Blue. Kingston has a utility to update their SSD firmware, but it does not work with all Kingston drives. And I would like to know how you managed it?

mobaran
Star III
I have exact the same problem. LoweRus, I followed your comments in other forums, and appreciate your effort to resolve this problem. Lets keep posting here.

I even replaced the ssd and wifi card, but these also did not change the issue.

Hey Asus,
Please find a way to overcome this problem which is very annoying!

vtdz0000
Star I
LoweRus

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150910#Comment_150910

Yes, I understand you very much, friend! Tell me, please, how did you update / change the SSD firmware? I have a standard 512GB SSD from Kingston and an additional 250GB SSD from WD Blue. Kingston has a utility to update their SSD firmware, but it does not work with all Kingston drives. And I would like to know how you managed it?

View post
My ssd model is intel 660p, it can update firmware through intel ssd software. But i believe there much more case no t using Intel SSD like me.
There one guy on facebook community, he face an issue about freeze and got ssd replace ( samsung evo ) the laptop sent back, freeze issue fixed but he face another ones, that is our issue rn 😕 ..... but what the heck .-.

LoweRus
Rising Star I
Oh, okay, it's just that my factory SSD is Kingston, and you can't update the firmware on it. In general, I will say this: guys, I have already changed everything in my laptop, this is the motherboard, and RAM, and SSD, and all this did not affect the problem. But the problem is influenced by reinstalling the BIOS, it resets the timer between stuttering, this suggests that the problem is most likely in the BIOS. I don’t know why in this thread still no one from Asus has answered us, but I hope it will happen as soon as possible.
vtdz0000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150961#Comment_150961

My ssd model is intel 660p, it can update firmware through intel ssd software. But i believe there much more case no t using Intel SSD like me.

There one guy on facebook community, he face an issue about freeze and got ssd replace ( samsung evo ) the laptop sent back, freeze issue fixed but he face another ones, that is our issue rn 😕 ..... but what the heck .-.

View post