ZT-02d251ee
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent Occurrence
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello. I really have a problem with bypass charging since version (.122). The problem occurred after I updated the phone to (.122) version. I only have this bypass charging problem with Genshin Impact and it's working fine with the other games like Wildrift. It's unbearable for me because the bypass charging feature is very useful on this game because it can help deminish the heat of the phone even if I'm playing all day. The battery percentage is dropping everytime I play Genshin Impact and when I'm really focused on the game when the bypass charging is on, I won't notice that the battery is almost 0%. Then the phone dies while I'm on the domain. It's really annoying and I waited for next update (.131) that maybe it can be fixed, but it's still not. So I am getting help here now. I tried to troubleshoot it by turning off the slow charging because people are suggesting it might be the cause but it's still recurring. Can someone please help ? I attached some screenshots and as you can see, after only 4 minutes into the game, the battery is down by 1% (From 80% to 79%). If I let the bypass charging on and forgot to turn it off, the phone dies while I'm playing.
screenshot-20210126-151518152.jpg
screenshot-20210126-151919186.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

kim_levie_g
Star III
As Genshin impact is a resource-demanding game for a phone especially if you're on Max settings, It uses more power than your charger can supply that's the reason why it takes some of the power from the battery.
*Is slow charging activated? if yes, you can try disabling it and then check again.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
kim.levie.g

As Genshin impact is a resource-demanding game for a phone especially if you're on Max settings, It uses more power than your charger can supply that's the reason why it takes some of the power from the battery.

*Is slow charging activated? if yes, you can try disabling it and then check again.

View post
galzlj@gmail.com

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent Occurrence
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello. I really have a problem with bypass charging since version (.122). The problem occurred after I updated the phone to (.122) version. I only have this bypass charging problem with Genshin Impact and it's working fine with the other games like Wildrift. It's unbearable for me because the bypass charging feature is very useful on this game because it can help deminish the heat of the phone even if I'm playing all day. The battery percentage is dropping everytime I play Genshin Impact and when I'm really focused on the game when the bypass charging is on, I won't notice that the battery is almost 0%. Then the phone dies while I'm on the domain. It's really annoying and I waited for next update (.131) that maybe it can be fixed, but it's still not. So I am getting help here now. I tried to troubleshoot it by turning off the slow charging because people are suggesting it might be the cause but it's still recurring. Can someone please help ? I attached some screenshots and as you can see, after only 4 minutes into the game, the battery is down by 1% (From 80% to 79%). If I let the bypass charging on and forgot to turn it off, the phone dies while I'm playing.

screenshot-20210126-151518152.jpg

screenshot-20210126-151919186.jpg

Bypass Charging not working on Genshin Impact
Just perform a factory reset and it will fix the issue
I had the same issue and factory reset fixed it
Hope for the best , it will work for you guys too😁☺️ , happy to help😀

ZT-02d251ee
Star II
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/149422#Comment_149422

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43961/bypass-charging-not-working-on-genshin-impact

Just perform a factory reset and it will fix the issue

I had the same issue and factory reset fixed it

Hope for the best , it will work for you guys too😁☺️ , happy to help😀

View post
I have so many data in my phone now and I can't factory reset it. So, can the next update maybe fix it? I know it's just a bug but I can't erase all of the data here in my phone. I have so many important stuff here.

ZT-02d251ee
Star II
kim.levie.g

View post
Yes. I already tried it. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Before the update (.122), it can still handle Genshin Impact. And just after I update the phone, the bypass charging won't work.