Edmund_CPN
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 Strix
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: First time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I saw some post about rog phone battery die at 0% will cause the phone not about to boot up after plug in the charger and the phone will blink red light repeatedly. So I want to test my ROG Phone 3 and I let the battery die at 0%, then I plug in the charger but my phone is not boot to the charging screen, my rog phone 3 just keep blink red light around 10min. After 10min only able to boot to the charging screen.

I hope everyone who saw this post do this test on your phone and post your result here.

For ASUS, I hope you give a very good explanation about this issue, because I saw you just ignore the user who have this issue. This issue clearly is not normal, please reply ASAP.

35 REPLIES 35

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Edmund CPN

@Gustav_ASUS

1) You know what am I talking about right? I'm not talking about booting into the OS, I'm talking about the charging screen. For example:

img-20201229-093901.jpg

2) For the red light, the red light is not a constant red light, it is like an SOS red light, on and off, on and off keep flashing very fast.

3) Could you help me clarify this issue, is it going to be like this every time when the battery dies at 0%.

image.png

I really hope you read through all my posts carefully and give me an honest answer, instead of treading me like a joke. I would be very appreciated. Thank you

View post
How about show a video of the issue?
Your first screenshot with the onscreen charge indicators shows you have 63%. So is the red light blinking now? That is correct.
However, if you don't have any charge left, the onscreen battery indicator does not show up unless you have sufficient battery charge.
We have already answered your question and I have included a Google Android article which states your issue.

Edmund_CPN
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148398#Comment_148398

How about show a video of the issue?

Your first screenshot with the onscreen charge indicators shows you have 63%. So is the red light blinking now? That is correct.

However, if you don't have any charge left, the onscreen battery indicator does not show up unless you have sufficient battery charge.

We have already answered your question and I have included a Google Android article which states your issue.

View post
I'm just showing the charging screen for some example, because you guys can't tell the difference of charging screen and boot in to OS.

rocky30032002
Star II
Edmund CPN

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148459#Comment_148459

And who are you? As far as I know you are just a little twit with a phone bought by your parents and don't even have anything to complaint because you are so satisfy about having a phone who you did not earn by yourself.

I'm fine with it if you want to start a fight and get personal.

View post
Dude my phone also does that. Thats normal. Everyone is talking about the same issue. They did not misunderstand anything u said. Its the red notification light blinking issue right? U already got ur reply. My phone does this for 2-3 mins and it starts up. No im not talking about the boot screen. Im talking about the exact scenario u were talking about. I was also paranoid at first but this is not a big deal. But this is the first time i see this happen in any mobile.(previously owned poco f1)

Edmund_CPN
Star II
rocky30032002

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148483#Comment_148483

Dude my phone also does that. Thats normal. Everyone is talking about the same issue. They did not misunderstand anything u said. Its the red notification light blinking issue right? U already got ur reply. My phone does this for 2-3 mins and it starts up. No im not talking about the boot screen. Im talking about the exact scenario u were talking about. I was also paranoid at first but this is not a big deal. But this is the first time i see this happen in any mobile.(previously owned poco f1)

View post
Thank you dude, this is the reply I want. I can accept your explanation because you have an actual experience. Others just throw some he say she say, say it is normal but never try to test it. Maybe they already test it and their phone does not require waiting to start up the phone, who knew.

Edmund_CPN
Star II
rocky30032002

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148483#Comment_148483

View post
Thank you dude, this is the reply I was hoping to see, with an actual experience on this situation. No like others, just he say she say and never even try to test it themself. Maybe they already test their phone and it does not require and time to start up the phone, who knows.