This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5z battery drain

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
I m facing battery drain issue after recent fota update.
Pls help resolve.

19 REPLIES 19

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Guri27

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147749#Comment_147749

If you really want to help, then do share this battery drainage problem after FOTA with mods & devs, so that they can look for it, whether there's a prob or not. As sooner, we all stop getting any update. Do share this prob with mods & Devs so that they can fix it in a single patch, they don't have to work differently for this problem, if it persists. If ur device is working fine doesn't means no one will face the problem. Majority is facing battery drainage. So please share it with mods & devs if they listen to u. Do this help if u want to. Thank you so much.

View post
We have shared logs several times and this topic is on since .92 update. And mods are trying their best but they didn't found any issues with battery backup and they too have tested battery backup several times with their devices and we have shared our logs several times to them but they didn't find any issues at all. So the main thing is sometimes battery backup depends upon your battery health too. Personally I have changed my 2.5 year old battery with newer one and now I m getting 6hrs easily. Previously I used to get around 4hrs to 4:30hrs but now I m getting 6hrs. Sometimes more than 6hrs depends upon usage.
So everytime it's not about the software because they have fixed almost all bugs of 5z and u should appreciate that and they are still searching if any other bugs left and they are trying their 100% to make 5z bug free so if really there is a bug in battery then surely they would have fixed it but the fact is even if after trying several times they didn't find any issues so how can they fix it? So I would request u to visit your nearest service center and check your battery health if they find any issues they will replace your battery.
Thanks

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
Debasish Sahoo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147962#Comment_147962

We have shared logs several times and this topic is on since .92 update. And mods are trying their best but they didn't found any issues with battery backup and they too have tested battery backup several times with their devices and we have shared our logs several times to them but they didn't find any issues at all. So the main thing is sometimes battery backup depends upon your battery health too. Personally I have changed my 2.5 year old battery with newer one and now I m getting 6hrs easily. Previously I used to get around 4hrs to 4:30hrs but now I m getting 6hrs. Sometimes more than 6hrs depends upon usage.

So everytime it's not about the software because they have fixed almost all bugs of 5z and u should appreciate that and they are still searching if any other bugs left and they are trying their 100% to make 5z bug free so if really there is a bug in battery then surely they would have fixed it but the fact is even if after trying several times they didn't find any issues so how can they fix it? So I would request u to visit your nearest service center and check your battery health if they find any issues they will replace your battery.

Thanks

View post
From where you got new battery.Whats the cost? How much backup new battery is giving?

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
rajatt1557

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147985#Comment_147985

From where you got new battery.Whats the cost? How much backup new battery is giving?

View post
I replaced my battery at Asus service center and it costs Rs 1350(Rs 850 battery+ Rs 500 Service charge).

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Getting an sot of 2.5 hours. Have reset my phone several times battery is 1 year 2 months old. I think we do have a software issue. Honestly how much sot are you guys getting on average? I don't even game.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
subhojit.dey

screenshot-20210122-183005267.jpg

Getting an sot of 2.5 hours. Have reset my phone several times battery is 1 year 2 months old. I think we do have a software issue. Honestly how much sot are you guys getting on average? I don't even game.

View post
screenshot-20210122-172409888.jpg
I get 4-5hrs sot at an average
I charge upto 100% then over charge for 20-25 minutes extra this seems to improve my overall sot a bit
Best way is to use scheduled charging for overnight charging imo
Stats are sometimes kinda wrong tho for example it's showing 5% for reddit that's an battery calculation error