This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my battery still good?

Craven
Rising Star II
Been using this phone for 4 months now and in the first 2 months, I've charged the phone at least twice a day everyday from 20%-90% (before bypass was available) and then from November onwards, I've changed my charging habit to 50%-85% twice everyday. If my math is correct, the phone's been plugged in about 250-300 times since i got it. Does anyone have an estimate on when i can expect some battery performance decline because up to now, it's still in pristine condition. Should i cut back on the charging cycles?
5 REPLIES 5

gugul
Rising Star II
Craven

Been using this phone for 4 months now and in the first 2 months, I've charged the phone at least twice a day everyday from 20%-90% (before bypass was available) and then from November onwards, I've changed my charging habit to 50%-85% twice everyday. If my math is correct, the phone's been plugged in about 250-300 times since i got it. Does anyone have an estimate on when i can expect some battery performance decline because up to now, it's still in pristine condition. Should i cut back on the charging cycles?

Is my battery still good?
Charge it upto 80-85%. If you're slow charging,then better for the battery. From my last experience with zenfone 5z, it started battery life decrement after 14-15 months. So, I'm expecting same thing from this device too.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Ambient temps etc. play a huge role, nobody can tell you how healthy your battery will be

Craven
Rising Star II
gugul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42918/is-my-battery-still-good

Charge it upto 80-85%. If you're slow charging,then better for the battery. From my last experience with zenfone 5z, it started battery life decrement after 14-15 months. So, I'm expecting same thing from this device too.

View post
I forgot to mention i always use hypercharge. Not once did slow charging ever work for me. And my max pro m1 did great also. 1.5 years before selling it to my friend, the battery was still as fresh. The lack of hypercharging capability most likely kept the battery safe the entire time so on my ROG, I think the outcome will be different.

gugul
Rising Star II
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145076#Comment_145076

I forgot to mention i always use hypercharge. Not once did slow charging ever work for me. And my max pro m1 did great also. 1.5 years before selling it to my friend, the battery was still as fresh. The lack of hypercharging capability most likely kept the battery safe the entire time so on my ROG, I think the outcome will be different.

View post
That's excellent. I always charge mine with slow charge. I feel this extends the battery life by some margin. Though results can be different. It's just my mindset 😅😅. Anyways we can expect battery health depletion after 500-600 deep discharge cycles.