Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi FiREPLAY
As I mentioned before, due to the device needs to rewrite some key which can only be flashed by hand, we will still need the device to be send to the repair center. For the people who has difficulty to visit the repair center in this severe moment, we will provide extra arrangement. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

PH
Rising Star I
FiREPLAY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138783#Comment_138783

Due to COVID-19 it's not possible for everyone to visit Service Center whenever there's an issue with the phone, its easier to say that but not practical during these times, I'd request that you ask ASUS developers to find a way to install Widevine keys via OTA which is very much possible as it's a Software thing, Xiaomi have done it in the past and recently OnePlus did it for their OnePlus 8 series of devices which lost their Widevine keys just like ROG 3.

I wouldn't request this if the issue wasn't widely known or if it hadn't affected a lot of people, you guys need to consider everyone's safety and wellbeing.

View post
These guys keep asking to go to service center for anything and everything. Many apps are not running for me..I too have widevine issue. These guys are just too much..never buying asus again

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
PH

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139756#Comment_139756

These guys keep asking to go to service center for anything and everything. Many apps are not running for me..I too have widevine issue. These guys are just too much..never buying asus again

View post
You are having software issue as per the details you gave on other threads so just wait for upcoming update and after update if the issue dont get fixed then perform a factory reset and that will mostly fix your problem

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
Yes they should have a recovery full rom we can one click install like miui and such things would be solved without data loss or reset

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ajinkya017
Have you encountered the Widevine L3 situation? If you haven't unlocked your device, please check your inbox and pm me your personal information. Thank you.