System: Windows 10 PRO 10.0.19041
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV.308
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
Windows recently got this new update: ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0, update that asks for restart every time I open my laptop.

Is there a way to fix this? So, If I shut down my laptop, and then I boot it up, I get that notification from the picture. If I restart as it says, then I doesn't show up, but it shows up again if I shut it down and boot it up.

17 REPLIES 17

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Liviu

It wasn't my choice to install it. The driver installed itself via Windows Updates. The same update exists on my other UX581GV laptop.

View post
you can block the driver updating automatically through windows updates .
block using registry key and bu using group policy editor.

Liviu
Rising Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/132161#Comment_132161

you can block the driver updating automatically through windows updates .

block using registry key and bu using group policy editor.

View post
This is not a standard use of a laptop. I didn't pay that amount of money to block official updates because the laptop will not behave well if they get installed. Is like buying a house but not being able to live in it.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
then
Liviu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/132459#Comment_132459

This is not a standard use of a laptop. I didn't pay that amount of money to block official updates because the laptop will not behave well if they get installed. Is like buying a house but not being able to live in it.

View post
then you have two choices
you should upgrade or to do clean installation windows 10 20H2 build no 19041.510, in this edition , drivers will not update automatically through windows updates.
or you can use Linux Ubantu OS