Glitches and Bugs in ASUS ROG Phone 3

rinzler_abhishe
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: Not listed in Settings -> About -> model and hardware
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Multiple times
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): armoury crate, game genie, whatsapp, YouTube
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have previously addressed this to a moderator of Zentalks, (Gustav_ASUS). It has been more than 2 weeks now, but still the issue hasn't been resolved. I would like to complain this and take this matter with someone having authority.
The issues I am talking about are addressed below.
Live streaming feature is not working, and whenever I clicked on it, it shows the error "Network Conenction Failed. Stop Recording.". For this, I restarted my phone, checked if my net is working properly, reset the phone. It's still not working properly.
Black crush issue. You can see this issue for yourselves when something dark comes onto your screen. Like when you are watching something on Netflix or YouTube, you can see the distortion properly.
I am a competitive player for CODM (Call of Duty Mobile), and sometimes when I play the game, the game crashes. It always happens when I increase the screen resolution from 60Hz to 144Hz. Sometimes, the game lags a lot and I have to restart the device for it.
I still haven't got a reply from GUSTAV_ASUS for the previous discussion, wherein I highlighted all the issues. If this is the way you guys offer your products and assistance, then don't sell gaming phones and claim to be one of the best in the gaming industry.
I thought for 50K this phone will be worth it, but I am having second thoughts on it now. I want to talk with an executive and have a complain filed for this.ASUS has been selling a substandard and second-rate device, and claim to be one of the best gaming phones in the gaming industry.

I am really sad to say that I have not enjoyed this experience with this product and I demand to talk to an executive and resolve these issues.
36 REPLIES 36

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Well,I see 0 lags or throttling on whatever frame rate,even on 50 degrees I see no throttling. Pubg mobile,Genshin impact,shadow fight 3,you name it
Also don't blame the phone for ANY and I'll say it again ANY mobile game.
The phone is MORE than capable of playing ANY of these games on AT LEAST a stable 120 hertz.
But the developers of these games have capped the game so that even 100$ phones can play it
And there is absolutely no point in having 144hz enabled on games that are capped,it will drain the battery and change the colours for no reason
Also,this phone has THE BEST performance and specs on ANY other phone and it has a little thing called OVERCLOCKING.
If it were not for the blackcrash and smaller screen resolution and size,it would be THE BEST phone of ALL time.
Honestly, y'all should be thankful that such a device exists which have limitless potential with gadgets,aura sync which makes everything cool at and you could afford such device. If you have complaints either be patient or send them ONCE
The developers don't have all day and are hard working people,it won't help them when they see 50 posts and comments complaining about 1 thing without even proof or details
Chill out,be patient,and enjoy the best phone in the world,and let the Devs deal with the problems.
Don't worry they hear you

rinzler_abhishe
Star III
GREEKLEADER

Well,I see 0 lags or throttling on whatever frame rate,even on 50 degrees I see no throttling. Pubg mobile,Genshin impact,shadow fight 3,you name it

Also don't blame the phone for ANY and I'll say it again ANY mobile game.

The phone is MORE than capable of playing ANY of these games on AT LEAST a stable 120 hertz.

But the developers of these games have capped the game so that even 100$ phones can play it

And there is absolutely no point in having 144hz enabled on games that are capped,it will drain the battery and change the colours for no reason

Also,this phone has THE BEST performance and specs on ANY other phone and it has a little thing called OVERCLOCKING.

If it were not for the blackcrash and smaller screen resolution and size,it would be THE BEST phone of ALL time.

Honestly, y'all should be thankful that such a device exists which have limitless potential with gadgets,aura sync which makes everything cool at and you could afford such device. If you have complaints either be patient or send them ONCE

The developers don't have all day and are hard working people,it won't help them when they see 50 posts and comments complaining about 1 thing without even proof or details

Chill out,be patient,and enjoy the best phone in the world,and let the Devs deal with the problems.

Don't worry they hear you

View post
I am sorry to inform you, but even when the game is not running, the device crashes. It crashes while running discord. So now, before you say its my fault for doing this also, I would recommend you to go and tell your DEVS that such a glitch exists, before claiming to be the best phone in the world.
I never mentioned about the smaller screen size or resolution. my previous phone was Redmi, so ROG 3's screen size is definitely bigger than then previous device I had.
Also, I mentioned it to the moderators, not the developers. I know it isn't written anywhere that moderators can't be developers, but that's the whole reason moderators are present, to view the viable complaints and then inform the devs about the issues. I respect the devs for creating a beast in a mobile device.
I am a developer as well (not comparing to your high tech devs, I'm nowhere as skilled), but as someone who develops, I would definitely like to know if there any issues in any thing I build, as it ruins the experience for the user. It won't affect at first, but it will be a big problem in the long run.
Even after coming forward and reporting issues and bugs, you guys have no respect for the person who got these in the first place.
Let me correct you and teach you, that before claiming to be the best device in the world, the device should be functioning properly. Sorry to say, its not.
Thank you for at least considering to reply, unlike some people over here.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
rinzler.abhishek

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131541#Comment_131541

I am sorry to inform you, but even when the game is not running, the device crashes. It crashes while running discord. So now, before you say its my fault for doing this also, I would recommend you to go and tell your DEVS that such a glitch exists, before claiming to be the best phone in the world.

I never mentioned about the smaller screen size or resolution. my previous phone was Redmi, so ROG 3's screen size is definitely bigger than then previous device I had.

Also, I mentioned it to the moderators, not the developers. I know it isn't written anywhere that moderators can't be developers, but that's the whole reason moderators are present, to view the viable complaints and then inform the devs about the issues. I respect the devs for creating a beast in a mobile device.

I am a developer as well (not comparing to your high tech devs, I'm nowhere as skilled), but as someone who develops, I would definitely like to know if there any issues in any thing I build, as it ruins the experience for the user. It won't affect at first, but it will be a big problem in the long run.

Even after coming forward and reporting issues and bugs, you guys have no respect for the person who got these in the first place.

Let me correct you and teach you, that before claiming to be the best device in the world, the device should be functioning properly. Sorry to say, its not.

View post
He is totally right .. how can they even say that there is no throttling at all.
After playing genshin impact for half n hour ...fps drops down to 40 fps...
Even in low settings..
I raised many problems before regarding black crush ..it's performance ..battery etc.. features claimed by company is just a gimmick..
I lost my hope when moderators ignored everything...and stopped replying...
They will definitely face the wrath when they launch rog 4 ...people here in India are very pissed....
Brother' Just make sure that this is your last asus device ever ...
I talked in service center ...their support ... everywhere.. nothing works..
And bypass charging😡😡 I don't want even want to say anything on this..

And there software updates are pathetic..

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
rinzler.abhishek

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131541#Comment_131541

View post
Well,let me also teach you,that the phone is sold also outside of India and people from I dunno,Sweden for example,have 0 problems just like me
You can't just say the phone has bugs and glitches when it's only 1 or 2 Units,and yes it IS the best, performance wise atleast,even on benchmarks if you want more proof.The black crush is easily adjustable with a third party app but,for my device at least,its very very weak black crush
If you were a developer you would consider switching your unit since you know other countries exist,yet you don't see them complain about the phone
If you have bugs glitches,too bad,change your unit or wait for a fix,these are known problems and the mods have seen them way long ago,also since you are a developer why don't you fix it yourself?
Anyway yeah,just because some Indians got unlucky doesn't mean every Rog 3 user has problems so just chill out