ididitfirst
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
its a darn shame that a company produced a phone without a major hardware connection. i hope every one stuck with this device will pass the word around that no on should buy any asus phones. with no hardware upgrade in sight we all will have 'a very expensive paperweight'. please let us all spread the word. when it drastically affects their monetary gain they might do something so so please spread the word ... their current phones are worthless and no one should buy such a horrible product.

8 REPLIES 8

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
ididitfirst

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

its a darn shame that a company produced a phone without a major hardware connection. i hope every one stuck with this device will pass the word around that no on should buy any asus phones. with no hardware upgrade in sight we all will have 'a very expensive paperweight'. please let us all spread the word. when it drastically affects their monetary gain they might do something so so please spread the word ... their current phones are worthless and no one should buy such a horrible product.

rog2 with no volte in sight
There's a work around to get volte working with united States carriers. You have to be rooted and have a bit of skill to get it as it involves modifying low level files and such. Unfortunately volte isn't just up to asus. Carriers have to approve the device first. Which is why we haven't gotten it in the United States but Europe has. They're working on getting it approved through American gsm carriers at this moment. Outside of this I don't understand why you think asus makes "horrible products." Updates come more frequently than what you would get from oneplus. Customer support is amazing compared to Nubia red magic. At least we have a forum, phone number and service center we can get ahold of if a issue arises inside the warranty period. People always act like asus abandoned the rog 2. When Ive seen nothing but evidence that says otherwise

sevesanjay
Star II
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37349/rog2-with-no-volte-in-sight

There's a work around to get volte working with united States carriers. You have to be rooted and have a bit of skill to get it as it involves modifying low level files and such. Unfortunately volte isn't just up to asus. Carriers have to approve the device first. Which is why we haven't gotten it in the United States but Europe has. They're working on getting it approved through American gsm carriers at this moment. Outside of this I don't understand why you think asus makes "horrible products." Updates come more frequently than what you would get from oneplus. Customer support is amazing compared to Nubia red magic. At least we have a forum, phone number and service center we can get ahold of if a issue arises inside the warranty period. People always act like asus abandoned the rog 2. When Ive seen nothing but evidence that says otherwise

View post
Not sure where you get your information or how high your IQ is, but i think pretty low based on your comments. NO ONE should have to HACK for VOLTE using the method on XDA. It IS NOT the carriers who make VOLTE work in the US, the ONUS is on ASUS to do the testing in the US to be approved for VOLTE, which they (ASUS) are unwilling to spend the money to do. On a side note, MOST of the laptops produced by ASUS end up with an upside down image from the built in web cam when you upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. Its clearly an issue where ASUS installed the hardware upside down and corrected it by monkeying around with a driver to correct the orientation of the image, does that sound like quality to you?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sevesanjay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130403#Comment_130403

Not sure where you get your information or how high your IQ is, but i think pretty low based on your comments. NO ONE should have to HACK for VOLTE using the method on XDA. It IS NOT the carriers who make VOLTE work in the US, the ONUS is on ASUS to do the testing in the US to be approved for VOLTE, which they (ASUS) are unwilling to spend the money to do. On a side note, MOST of the laptops produced by ASUS end up with an upside down image from the built in web cam when you upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. Its clearly an issue where ASUS installed the hardware upside down and corrected it by monkeying around with a driver to correct the orientation of the image, does that sound like quality to you?

View post
Don't know about VOLTE availability in the US, but should of done some research on the phone before buying if you know full well 3G is not going to be used in the very near future. The software and hardware is already in the phone , I am sure Asus is trying to get this approved.
Name me one manufacturer who have been 100% perfect since their company has launched.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
And most importantly, as soon as someone found out there was no VOLTE on their brand new phone, why wasnt the phone taken back for a refund.
I would of gone back and got my money back if that happened.