Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Clear All button in recent applications does not appear sometime

_jis_
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS630KL
Firmware Version: since the first A10 WW_17.1810.1910.63 till the latest A10 WW_17.1810.2009.176
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: about once or twice a day, the issue persist all A10 fw updates
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): n/a
The Clear All button in recent applications does not appear sometime.
It doesn't always happen, but let's say once or twice a day. This depends on how often you use the operation to view recent applications. This problem has been ongoing for a year since the upgrade to Android 10.
It doesn't affect all users just some. Here are references to two closed threads, but where no solution has been found.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13156/questions-around-android-10-on-zenfone-6/p1 - item number two
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/15295/clear-all-option
When the error occurred:
screenshot-20201008-082555324.png

When the error did not occur:
screenshot-20201008-082719229.png
When this problem occurs I do the following:
I press the Recent button again and then once more. The Clear all button will then appear.
18 REPLIES 18

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS all above features are very basic but important for all. Dont think it need huge development efforts. Please raise these request to developers so that atleast we get them in android 11

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
gouravjoshi100

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/125927#Comment_125927

@Anders_ASUS it happens when remove animations is on or if anyone off all the animations. I reported this long time back @_jis_ was first to say that there is no such issue and now you yourself getting it. Hahaha. Anyway just switched off remove animation and it will always show clear all button.

Anders, please resolve this issue amd check on android 11 as well. I requested couple of features like display off while sharing screen mirroring. Network type on wifi...like 4g if i am using a 4g hotspot. I saw similar feature in oppo phones. Self view via front camega in screen recording it is very useful for presentation recorders as it will show you as well. This feature is present in almost all phones screen records

View post
What do you mean by "remove animations is on or if anyone off all the animations"? Do you mean that you set Window Animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animation duration scale to "Animation off"?

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/126004#Comment_126004

What do you mean by "remove animations is on or if anyone off all the animations"? Do you mean that you set Window Animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animation duration scale to "Animation off"?

View post
Yup two ways either switch off them through scale animation option under developer menu or setting -accessibility- remove animation. I was able to simulate via both option. Any update on my feature requests...you can say NO as well.

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS to simulate it set animation as above. Clear all recent apps. now open any app and press home naviation button. now press recent app navigation button and you wont see clear all button now try to move window little up and down on recent apps screen and then u will see clear all buttton again.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
gouravjoshi100

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/126015#Comment_126015

Yup two ways either switch off them through scale animation option under developer menu or setting -accessibility- remove animation. I was able to simulate via both option. Any update on my feature requests...you can say NO as well.

View post
Haha, sorry
"display off while sharing screen mirroring" - I have already recorded this request last time you asked
"Network type on wifi...like 4g if i am using a 4g hotspot" - I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you please rephrase?
"Self view via front camega in screen recording" - Sure, I can add this request to our list
There's no guarantee that these suggestions will become reality but there's a good chance since our devs goes though my suggestion list when they need more idéas for new features/improvements.

gouravjoshi100

@Anders_ASUS to simulate it set animation as above. Clear all recent apps. now open any app and press home naviation button. now press recent app navigation button and you wont see clear all button now try to move window little up and down on recent apps screen and then u will see clear all buttton again.

View post
Please make a screen recording because even with your instructions, I'm unable to replicate. Could be because I'm on A11 and animations are now part of the display settings and not hidden in dev options