Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog 2
Firmware Version: .49
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: happening from last 3 weeks
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================I
👇🏻I red one thread in which one user stated this
'm a custom kernel Developer for lg V30, pixel phone and XiaoMi device.
I've encounter some issue regarding random reboot for specific device and not all. I check your kernel it have some serious issue regarding defconfig file. And some coding that alot of typos that can cause kernel panic. Since I don't work for you guys so I hope your kernel team can have a look on it.

please Team asus have a look into this and stop saying visit to nearest service centre or try factory data reset for this issue to everyone😣

27 REPLIES 27

amansh1004
Rising Star I
@Gaurav ROGII I hv charged device only once..it was getting heat up yesterday while charging..other. Wise phone temp. Was nearly 31-32
Now also m trying charging after ur msg..see temp. In crate is 33 but external part of phone are like more heated on touch within 5-10 min of charging..may be it will get ok with time becuz now it's less heated in external than yesterday
Otherwise it's working fine till now..better u should visit service center because they are going to take 10-12 days minimum for phone repair and before. Going to service center better u chk out ur phone by. Testing all thing by typing .12345+ then. Press = after that and test all function there
I haven't faced restart problem till now..but going to chck out my phone 5-7 days more

Not applicable
amansh1004

@Gaurav ROGII I hv charged device only once..it was getting heat up yesterday while charging..other. Wise phone temp. Was nearly 31-32

Now also m trying charging after ur msg..see temp. In crate is 33 but external part of phone are like more heated on touch within 5-10 min of charging..may be it will get ok with time becuz now it's less heated in external than yesterday

Otherwise it's working fine till now..better u should visit service center because they are going to take 10-12 days minimum for phone repair and before. Going to service center better u chk out ur phone by. Testing all thing by typing .12345+ then. Press = after that and test all function there

I haven't faced restart problem till now..but going to chck out my phone 5-7 days more

View post
Do you use 2 sims? If yes then do you have dual 4g option on? Also if no then please try using 2 sim with dual 4g on and tell us.

amansh1004
Rising Star I
@Akash Gupta m using only 1 sim till now jio 4g
I have one sim which is not active..should I try by inserting tht sim or with both active sims
Earlier also I was using single sim when this restart while charging problem started happening

Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124153#Comment_124153

Do you use 2 sims? If yes then do you have dual 4g option on? Also if no then please try using 2 sim with dual 4g on and tell us.

View post
I have two sims but dual 4g option is disabled

Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124149#Comment_124149

Faced the blackout problem in A9 too but that was when i first downloaded the downgrade. Now it doesnt happen and no restarts so far.

View post
now you are on android 10 and latest firmfare?