jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)
CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
Temperature goes high
Battery drain quickly
"Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page
What I observed:
From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware
What I've tried to fix:
Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time
There may be something wrong on this?

266 REPLIES 266

jfkeiuxje
Rising Star I
they will ignore us know and fix class of clans on next update in about 4 months

jasonwch
Rising Star II
17daulat

Honestly i don't even know what to do now.

I even did what u said to stop the auto download FOTA update and I'm monitoring the temps and CPU usage now.

Now I'm like

1. Cleared data from both play service n armoury crate

2. Stopped auto update

3. Waiting for a day to see the same problem

And if it's a google thing, they they should fix it as soon as possible.

@Anders_ASUS can we help us on this. Like if u can talk about the dev and clear where's the problem

Where the issue lies ?

View post
can try my workaround though it's a bit annoying. When you see CPU spike, kill process "FOTAService" (if already killed before, start it again by "System" -> "System Update", then kill it again)
This work for me

Daulat
Rising Star II
jasonwch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117085#Comment_117085

can try my workaround though it's a bit annoying. When you see CPU spike, kill process "FOTAService" (if already killed before, start it again by "System" -> "System Update", then kill it again)

This work for me

View post
Will do the same for now killed the fota service.
N my temps are back to normal.
Thanks mate
Will update if problem arises again

Andrea
Star III
jasonwch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117085#Comment_117085

This work for me

View post
Hi @jasonwch, your workaround worked for me too. It's clearly a Play Store issue, I tested it too. Many thanks for your support.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi guys,
As has been reported in this thread already, the CPU seems to be spiking because of a bug with the latest version of Google Play Store. It's affecting several models, ROG included. We're following up on this and I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.
Thanks,