Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: BIOS 307 and above
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi,
Are there any plans to make it possible to overclock the processor on this device in the future? It's a pity to have such processor and not be able to fine tune it to ones needs. I read that the reason is due to some vulnerability issues that Intel has found, but are there plans to fix this or are we stuck with a locked CPU that initially was unlocked?
It's like buying a Ducati V4 and only be able to use only two of its cylinders.
8 REPLIES 8

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Liviu
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX581GV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: BIOS 307 and above
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi,

Are there any plans to make it possible to overclock the processor on this device in the future? It's a pity to have such processor and not be able to fine tune it to ones needs. I read that the reason is due to some vulnerability issues that Intel has found, but are there plans to fix this or are we stuck with a locked CPU that initially was unlocked?

It's like buying a Ducati V4 and only be able to use only two of its cylinders.

UX581GV Intel I9HK version lacks overclocking
Normally for laptop users , i do not recommend to do overclocking to processors.Because there is no proper thermal ventilators , so no precise powerful cooling.
But intel might release extreme utility to do overclocking features

Liviu
Rising Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33296/ux581gv-intel-i9hk-version-lacks-overclocking

Normally for laptop users , i do not recommend to do overclocking to processors.Because there is no proper thermal ventilators , so no precise powerful cooling.

View post
Yes, but people that buy the KH processor want to have more control over it. Usually, the manufacturer configuration is set to work for most users/use cases, but some users have some particularities that requires custom configurations to get out the most of the product.

Liviu
Rising Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33296/ux581gv-intel-i9hk-version-lacks-overclocking

View post
Yes, but people that buy the KH processor want to have more control over it. Usually, the manufacturer configuration is set to work for most users/use cases, but some users have some particularities that requires custom configurations to get out the most of the product.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Liviu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/102668#Comment_102668

View post
I knew this, But if users are having desktop motherboard, they can use extreme powerful cooling iteams with overclocking purpose.
For laptop users , i wont recommend this overclocking for better life long performance with normal GHz without overclocking.