This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just going to say it - loss of headphone jack sucks

long_gregg
Star I
I'm just going to say it even though there is nothing I can do about it. The loss of the headphone jack is a tremendous disappointment to me. This phone was tailor made for it. It has a big screen and a huge battery which makes it a prefect media consumption device. I don't game at all and I love this phone. Even MKBHD gave it a very favorable rating last year for this reason alone. I would often sit at my desk with my comfortable headphones on watching YouTube and Netflix on slow days on the ROG2. No worrying about charging bluetooth earbuds and nothing jammed in my ear canal which invariably hurts after a while. And if you are actually a gamer I can't but imagine that a wired headphone and mic would be very much a preferred option. Really believe this was a big mistake. I can't see any reason to have done this with a phone that has plenty of room to keep the jack.
38 REPLIES 38

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
NBPDC505

Not saying people don't use it, I'm saying I don't and many others. This "battery degradation" sounds like an excuse to upgrade to me. I must use a headset dual paired to both of my phones for work so it only makes sense. Can't help if people are "too lazy" to make a 3 second plug in a chore.

View post
Its not any excuse. Its reality. I got free Bluetooth Earphones with my LG V30+. They are HBS-920. The battery life has taken a deep dive down just after 9 months of usage. Not to forget they come under premium segment (8-10k INR). Now imagine the same with smaller pair. I seriously can't understand how people can fall/accept to shortcoming products that manufacturers push just for revenue.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Idk why ,people are mocking asus for Jack, they've given the type c to 3.5 mm coverter in the box so you can use your ear phones
And if you want to connect earphones and charge at the same time you can use ear phones with converter at the side c-port and charge it from bottom port this makes no difference with Rog 2 in landscape mode as I used to charge Rog 2 device from bottom and connect my earphones to the side jack but without a converter
Only problem occurs to Rog 3 when device is held in portrait or vertically and then you have charge and connect earphone at the same time as hands comes in the way when we connect the wire to bottom port

Not applicable
anjubunny123

Idk why ,people are mocking asus for Jack, they've given the type c to 3.5 mm coverter in the box so you can use your ear phones

And if you want to connect earphones and charge at the same time you can use ear phones with converter at the side c-port and charge it from bottom port this makes no difference with Rog 2 in landscape mode as I used to charge Rog 2 device from bottom and connect my earphones to the side jack but without a converter

Only problem occurs to Rog 3 when device is held in portrait or vertically and then you have charge and connect earphone at the same time as hands comes in the way when we connect the wire to bottom port

View post
Its a fact having headphone jack is better than any ctype to 3.5mm jack.
1. Sound delay: rog 3 users cannot complain about sound delay because they are using another accessory to get the sound in headphones.
2. Loss to air trigger user: cannot use headphones and charge phone at same time.
3. Sound quality: Users must not complain about sound quality of headphones, it will always be worse than the inbuilt headphone jack.
4. Less bass: users will face issues with bass such as oneplus, if used with ctype to headphone converter users face this issue.
5. Having to connect: having to connect the accessory everytime and considering keeping it and not getting it lost, it makes one more work for us.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100594#Comment_100594

Its a fact having headphone jack is better than any ctype to 3.5mm jack.

1. Sound delay: rog 3 users cannot complain about sound delay because they are using another accessory to get the sound in headphones.

2. Loss to air trigger user: cannot use headphones and charge phone at same time.

3. Sound quality: Users must not complain about sound quality of headphones, it will always be worse than the inbuilt headphone jack.

4. Less bass: users will face issues with bass such as oneplus, if used with ctype to headphone converter users face this issue.

5. Having to connect: having to connect the accessory everytime and considering keeping it and not getting it lost, it makes one more work for us.

View post
Okay it makes sense I got it ,But can please explain loss to air trigger user issue
I mean air triggers are present on right side and bottom port is present on the left side ,so you can comfortably charge at the same time right?

Not applicable
anjubunny123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/100595#Comment_100595

Okay it makes sense I got it ,But can please explain loss to air trigger user issue

I mean air triggers are present on right side and bottom port is present on the left side ,so you can comfortably charge at the same time right?

View post
You can use the charger on the bottom and headphone converter on the right then you will need to tilt phone so you can hold your phone without the cable coming in the way. When you tilt the phone 360° , so you lose access to the air triggers.