This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 6 hotspot not detected in laptop wifi

Bjoy
Star II
Hotspot from Asus Rog 6 with android 12 is not compatible with my 10 year old Asus laptop Win8.
Every other hotspot phone is being easily detected on my laptop but not my rog 6. But In other phone devices my rog 6 hotspot is perfectly visible.
I have restarted, updated, tried all possible combinations on my phone is internet and hotspot settings and same in my laptop. No effect ...🙃

9 REPLIES 9

Seth_
Star III
Change Hotspot mode to wifi 5 in phone.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
The frequency of the phone wifi could be not compatible, 2.4 vs 5ghz

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Nothing to do with the frequencies, due to WIFI 6 (6 Ghz) incompatibility with previous generations, I see in a screenshot of the HOTSPOT configuration of Rog 6 a line "Hotspot Wifi 6 (2.4 and 5 Ghz )", what is the wording of this line on your ROG6?, if there is Wifi 6 (6Ghz) it is normal that a non Wifi 6 device does not connect.

click on this line and see if there are other choices like Hotspot Wifi 5 2.4Ghz, which will be the best option for your 10 year old thing

Mattias_ASUS
Bjoy

Hotspot from Asus Rog 6 with android 12 is not compatible with my 10 year old Asus laptop Win8.

Every other hotspot phone is being easily detected on my laptop but not my rog 6. But In other phone devices my rog 6 hotspot is perfectly visible.

I have restarted, updated, tried all possible combinations on my phone is internet and hotspot settings and same in my laptop. No effect ...🙃

Asus Rog 6 hotspot not detected in laptop wifi
If you go to "Wi-Fi hotspot -> Type of Wi-Fi hotspot" you can change your hotspot to Wi-Fi 5 which will be more compatible 🙂