This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are charging IC circuits in asus laptops replaceable?

Jude155
Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: Asus strix scar 3 Gl504gw rtx 2070 version.
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: I sent my asus laptop to a repair shop and after the evaluation they siad it can't be repaired because the Charging IC ia damged and is not replaceable. they also said that the only solution would be replacing the motherboard.

The laptop stopped charging and the battery does not charge well. sometimes while gaming the battery goes to from one hundred to zero instantly and the laptop goes into hibernation mode or completely shuts down.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Jude155
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Asus strix scar 3 Gl504gw rtx 2070 version.
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: I sent my asus laptop to a repair shop and after the evaluation they siad it can't be repaired because the Charging IC ia damged and is not replaceable. they also said that the only solution would be replacing the motherboard.

The laptop stopped charging and the battery does not charge well. sometimes while gaming the battery goes to from one hundred to zero instantly and the laptop goes into hibernation mode or completely shuts down.

Are charging IC circuits in asus laptops replaceable?
@Jude155
From our standpoint, it really can't be replaced individually, rather the entire motherboard needs to be replaced. About your problem, it may also be caused by the aging of the battery. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.