socialaldrin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
For those who own a 6 PRO and 6D Ultimate.. how's your finger scanner experience at all? I mean i have a bad experience in ROG 5 scanner most of the time is failed to read.. but my other phone Xiaomi is doing great reading my fingers at all.. i hope they made a big change in scanner.. 😔
6 REPLIES 6

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
socialaldrin

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

For those who own a 6 PRO and 6D Ultimate.. how's your finger scanner experience at all? I mean i have a bad experience in ROG 5 scanner most of the time is failed to read.. but my other phone Xiaomi is doing great reading my fingers at all.. i hope they made a big change in scanner.. 😔

Finger scanner for 6 Series
same garbage scanner, so itll be at best slow, at worst not functioning at all.

socialaldrin
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/65181/finger-scanner-for-6-series

same garbage scanner, so itll be at best slow, at worst not functioning at all.

View post
Geez.. still no improvement at all? Same small lens.. come'on ASUS under display cheap lens? Really? For a expensive phone like 6D ultimate and 6 PRO? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
socialaldrin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233572#Comment_233572

Geez.. still no improvement at all? Same small lens.. come'on ASUS under display cheap lens? Really? For a expensive phone like 6D ultimate and 6 PRO? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

View post
On the Rog3 they had a big lens, it was still slow and suboptimal, but it was usable. The rog5 and Rog6 use a tiny lens and then use a magnifying glass to get bigger spread on the Rog display.

thuggs
Rising Star I
Took a week to get the damn thing to register my finger prints.