fatmonkey1402
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5s
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After I added my fingerprints, it's really hard (or impossible) to unlock with any fingerprint.
I try all my fingers and the result is the same. Rarely, it is success login and I have to press quite hard and keep my finger at the scanner for more than 3-4s.
I have my screen protector but when i uninstall the protector, there is no improvement.
6 REPLIES 6

FunBike31
Community Legend I
With no Rog 5 usage history to determine when/why this happened best to test in safe mode with .12345+ calculator
If the recognition is not better, go to an ASUS service center for recalibration.

fatmonkey1402
Star I
FunBike31

With no Rog 5 usage history to determine when/why this happened best to test in safe mode with .12345+ calculator

If the recognition is not better, go to an ASUS service center for recalibration.

View post
I did actually and it said that fingerprint works well

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
fatmonkey1402

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 5s
  2. Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.91
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After I added my fingerprints, it's really hard (or impossible) to unlock with any fingerprint.

I try all my fingers and the result is the same. Rarely, it is success login and I have to press quite hard and keep my finger at the scanner for more than 3-4s.

I have my screen protector but when i uninstall the protector, there is no improvement.

Fingerprint doesn't work properlu
This is sadly due to the fact that the fingerprint sensor is pathethicly tiny and bad. Some people will have extreme difficulties with it. JerryRigeverything also had a horrible experience with it.

at 6min13Seconds

fatmonkey1402
Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62517/fingerprint-doesnt-work-properlu

This is sadly due to the fact that the fingerprint sensor is pathethicly tiny and bad. Some people will have extreme difficulties with it. JerryRigeverything also had a horrible experience with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqi9QGyRWGk

at 6min13Seconds

View post
Tks for your info.
Is there anything that I can do to improve the sensor?