Display colors change with refresh rate
The screen colors/contrast are slightly different at different refresh rates. With auto, it flickers.
In 90Hz color reproduction is bad, it gets a blueish hue.
- Model Name: zf9
- Firmware Version: 32.2040.2040.23
- Rooted or not: nope
- Frequency of Occurrence: permanent
Workaround: fix refresh rate.
Steps to replicate:
- Dark mode
- Switch display mode/colour profile to "neutral"
- Place refresh rate toggle as first quick setting in notification shade
- Decrease brightness to minimum
- Pull down notification shade
- Switch between refresh rates using the toggle and observe the gray background of the notification shade changing hue/color.
Another, slightly more way:
- Enable auto refresh rate
- Take many high dynamic range photos with whichever app
- Brightness to minimum
- Open Google photos
- Start scrolling, and observe color changes between scrolling and not scrolling