New update 31.1010.041061

Chris1Chris1 Level 2

Hi,

Received this morning.

Just wondering why no one mentions it. Am i the only one with this OTA ?

Comments

• NTICompassNTICompass Level 1
    edited May 4

I just checked for updates in the settings and it says I'm up to date.

I'm on 31.1010.0410.43.

Even ASUS' website doesn't have this update listed: https://www.asus.com/us/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_Download/

I'm guessing it'll be posted there and be pushed out to other phones soon.

• zpq1zpq1 Level 1

It's announced here: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/60282/220425-zenfone-8-ww-31-1010-0410-61-android-12#latest

But strangely as NTICompass mentioned, the zip file is not even available in the usual location.

• JordJord Level 1
    edited May 4

I'm about sure this update bricked my Zenfone 8, so best watch out. It got as far as the reboot and then... dead. Haven't been able to restart it since. I'm in the process of RMA'ing it to the place I got it from. Of course YMMV. (Of course I cannot check which version the update was, just that it was offered this morning (European time) and that I have been busy trying to resurrect my phone ever since 10am.)

• ClauicpClauicp Level 1

I got the update last night and now face unlock does not work anymore

• andreesculandreescul Level 2

I updated fine. Phew!

• I updated today and every thing is fine version 61

• imac42imac42 Level 1

Got it this morning. Now the keypad on the unlock screen is shifted down rather than centered. Any one know how to change it back?

• NTICompassNTICompass Level 1
    edited May 5

The update is available at www.asus.com/us/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_Download/

(Select "android" as your OS)

Though the update ZIP on that link says "This upgrade patch only allows to upgrade from Android 11 WW-30.12.112.72, WW-& 30.12.112.82". I guess I'll wait for my phone to download the OTA update (it hasn't yet).

• frantsyfrantsy Level 1

I guess ASUS just forgot to update this:

"This upgrade patch only allows to upgrade from Android 11 WW-30.12.112.72, WW-& 30.12.112.82"

The last 2 firmwares (.107 and .43) also had this statement, and I updated just fine.

• frantsyfrantsy Level 1

I don't think there is an option to change it back. However, I welcome this change. Actually, it was the original design such that it's easier to unlock the phone with one hand. But since a few firmwares back, it was changed to the center of the screen.

• frantsyfrantsy Level 1

Just to confirm that updating from firmware .43 to .61 works fine with the file downloaded from www.asus.com/us/Mobile/Phones/ZenFone/Zenfone-8/HelpDesk_Download/

However, the file name format is different from the previous versions and I had to rename it from

UL-ASUS_I006D-ASUS-31.1010.0410.61-1.1.25-2204-user.zip

to

UL-I006D-ASUS-31.1010.0410.61-1.1.25-2204-user.zip

i.e., removing "ASUS_" for it to be recognised by the update launcher.

• lianosnicklianosnick Level 1

I'm having an issue after this upgrade. When I expand the quick settings tray, I get a black frame underneath the quick settings, in which you can scroll down forever.

I've seen it in another Zenfone 8 too. Not only mine.

• frantsyfrantsy Level 1

I'm having the same issue too, and I posted in the other thread "Phone goes crazy without reason".

It seems due to VPN is enabled. The phone tried to display ".. connected to..." your VPN service but messes it up.

Hope the ASUS moderator here sees this and follow up

• Same with my phone. Clearing face data does not help...

• Same issue really annoying. Unacceptable for stable version of the OS.

Hope for a fix soon 🙏

• th.beschth.besch Level 2

Same here since update.