This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate Question about Background Connections

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
Just a simple Question, but is disabling the Whitelist the same like disabling Background Sync for a specific Game if I just play 1 Game for example??
Whitelist:
screenshot-20220113-114749311-1.jpg
Background Sync in a specific Game:
screenshot-20220113-114721727-1.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Helo ;PuweY

Just a simple Question, but is disabling the Whitelist the same like disabling Background Sync for a specific Game if I just play 1 Game for example??

Whitelist:

screenshot-20220113-114749311-1.jpg

Background Sync in a specific Game:

screenshot-20220113-114721727-1.jpg

Armory Crate Question about Background Connections
While they are not the same thing, disabling the whitelisted connections would/should achieve the same result as not allowing to sync in the background.
I said "should", because I haven't tested this. But you should not be able to receive chats in chat apps (that's the whitelisting part). Also, contacts, emails and calendar entries shouldn't be synced (background sync) while you are in the game. To test the syncing, I would send yourself an email from another device and the outcome is you should not see that notification until you exit the game in Armoury Crate.

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57154/armory-crate-question-about-background-connections

While they are not the same thing, disabling the whitelisted connections would/should achieve the same result as not allowing to sync in the background.

I said "should", because I haven't tested this. But you should not be able to receive chats in chat apps (that's the whitelisting part). Also, contacts, emails and calendar entries shouldn't be synced (background sync) while you are in the game. To test the syncing, I would send yourself an email from another device and the outcome is you should not see that notification until you exit the game in Armoury Crate.

View post
Thanks for answering 🙂
I think the white list is for all around all games, and the the other no sync setting just for specific games if you don't need it all around.
But do you maybe know if I for example disable the white list and while playing a game, if someone calls me, or if I get for example a WhatsApp or FB Messenger Message, will it pop up if I leave the game or does nothing inform me afterwards and I have to check manually if I got something?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Helo ;PuweY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201150#Comment_201150

Thanks for answering 🙂

I think the white list is for all around all games, and the the other no sync setting just for specific games if you don't need it all around.

But do you maybe know if I for example disable the white list and while playing a game, if someone calls me, or if I get for example a WhatsApp or FB Messenger Message, will it pop up if I leave the game or does nothing inform me afterwards and I have to check manually if I got something?

View post
I would say the expected behaviour is while you play games, you won't get any notifications. When you come out of the game be it switching apps or close the game, the connection will be allowed/resumed again so you should get that notification after just like you have received the new message.
I would try it first incase of emergency though.