armiesahagun
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 16 - 256
Firmware Version: Wasn't able to check
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Got the phone for a month now(going 2 months on Sept 27). No issues whatsoever except when I tried charging it this morning, it showed charging(not the usual Quick Charge) but the battery level doesn't go up, instead it goes down till the point it was drained. Now I have a dead phone who doesn't respond to the charging brick.
I don't think the issue is with the charging brick as I tried a different phone with it and it charges perfectly. Tried other charging bricks with the ROG and it shows no reaction whatsoever.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

ronald1985
Community Legend I
armiesahagun

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 5 16 - 256
  2. Firmware Version: Wasn't able to check
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Once
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Got the phone for a month now(going 2 months on Sept 27). No issues whatsoever except when I tried charging it this morning, it showed charging(not the usual Quick Charge) but the battery level doesn't go up, instead it goes down till the point it was drained. Now I have a dead phone who doesn't respond to the charging brick.

I don't think the issue is with the charging brick as I tried a different phone with it and it charges perfectly. Tried other charging bricks with the ROG and it shows no reaction whatsoever.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Phone Doesn't Charge
Are you trying to use the phone while it is charging? What happens if you leave the phone and charge and not using it?

praveen5142
Star II
this happend with me too …initially I thought it is because of phone’s heating but then it started to happen randomly. Then I thought to make screen recording and take to service center but luckily my phone died completely. Now they are replacing motherboard …. Hopefully it will not happen again when my phone comes. 😅

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @armiesahagun,
Do you experience the same with both side and bottom port?
If you are still experiencing this I will recommend you to contact your local ASUS Service Center.
Also check your inbox for a PM from me!

armiesahagun
Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @armiesahagun,

Do you experience the same with both side and bottom port?

If you are still experiencing this I will recommend you to contact your local ASUS Service Center.

Also check your inbox for a PM from me!

View post
Yup. Same experience on both ports. The unit is already with our local Asus Service Center and I'm currently waiting for their diagnosis. Thanks!