Forum Rules and Regulations
Chapter 1: General1. The rules and regulations of this forum aim to regulate users' behavior, maintain normal operations of the forum , protect users' rights, and provide better services.
2. This forum adheres to the concept of people-oriented medium and rational discussion. This forum equally provides each user with freedom of speech and fundamental rights.
3. Users must strictly obey the rules and regulations of this forum.
Chapter 2: Accounts1. An account using a prohibited alias will be suspended from the forum. Th use of the following names as aliases are prohibited:
(1) Indecent and inappropriate names;
(2) Names with links to advertisements or spam;
(3) Names that might be confused with or mistaken as the names of forum moderators;
(4) Names that are insulting, provocative, abusive, or defamatory to others;
(5) Other names that are deemed inappropriate by the administrator.
2. An account using prohibited photos or images will be suspended from the forum. The use of the following photos or images as users' avatars are prohibited:
(1) Indecent and inappropriate photos or images;
(2) Photos or images that might be confused with or mistaken as photos or images of the forum moderators;
(3) Photos or images that are insulting, provocative, abusive, or defamatory to others;
(4) Other photos or images that are deemed inappropriate by the administrator.
(5) Stealing or using other's images without permission.
Chapter 3: Information Dissemination1. An account with prohibited contents will be banned from the forum. The following contents are prohibited:
(1) Information that contains obscenities, pornography, threats of violence, propaganda on terrorism, or illegal/criminal activities;
(2) Information that is insulting, slanderous, defamatory, or infringing on the legitimate rights and interest of others;
(3) Controversial topics about politics, religions or gender
(4) Inaccurate Information or rumors.
(5) Other information that is prohibited by local laws and regulations.
(6) Disorderly behavior that intentionally disturb public order
2. This forum is to learn, share, and exchange information. A user is prohibited to repeatedly post the same content. To post for help, please read the sticky threads or FAQ first, and take advantage of the search function of the forum. For users who repeatedly post the same contents, the forum moderator could delete the contents and suspend the user account depending on the seriousness of the violation. Serious or repeat violators could be permanently banned from the forum on the consensus and approval of the administrator.
3. The forum contains sections that tackle specific topics. Users must post contents that are related to the section's topic only. The forum moderator can delete posts that are meaningless or are not section-related, and can suspend the user account for 1 to 7 days depending on the seriousness of the violation. Serious or repeat violators of this rule will be permanently banned from the forum on the consensus and approval of the administrator.
※ meaningless / spam posts defined as below:
。Malicious war of words, personal attack, expose other's personal information, continuous meaningless threads and indecent words.
。Spam posts or meaningless replies
。Reply with emoticons (emoticon only)
。Copy other's reply
。Posts and replies which not related to the section's topic
。Identical content used to reply on different topics
。Intentionally reply or post several posts by dividing a paragraph into few single sentence
。Other spam posts identified by the moderator
4. The publication of unauthorized commercial advertisements or other illegal propaganda information is prohibited. Depending on the seriousness of the violation, the forum moderator can delete messages and suspend the user account for 14 days. Serious or repeat violators could be given a maximum of three-month suspension on the consensus and approval of the administrator.
5. Uploading resources and links that contain viruses, Trojan horses, and adult-related contents are strictly prohibited. Depending on the seriousness of the violation, the forum moderator can delete posts and suspend the user account for 14 to 30 days. Serious or repeat violators could be permanently banned from the forum on the consensus and approval of the administrator.
6. This forum is a platform for ASUS customers to consult after-sales problems about ZenFone, PadFone and FonePad in relevant section and customer service staff may resolve your problems. For those ZenTalk users who have not replied to ASUS Customer Service personnel's repeated attempts to contact them, ZenTalk has the right to delete the posts or close the accounts of these users without any notice.
7.The images and text submitted in this forum are as agreed to authorized ASUS to use and promote the ASUS website, publications, printed materials and any other media in any form and on a worldwide basis without charge (including ASUS ZenTalk, and ASUS related marketing promotional use).
8.The functional proposals and idea for next submitted by users as agreed to authorized ASUS to use or reference in any form around the world.
9. Repost / forward posts should put the reference, hyperlink and get the permission from the author, repost / forward the text or images which with copyright reserved is not allowed. Violators will be dealt with by deleting the post, Serious or repeat violators could be permanently banned from the forum on the consensus and approval of the section group.
10. After the post is published on behalf of agree to retain the post on ZenTalk, even the account has been deleted, the post will remain.
11. For any posts or replies that violate these regulations, moderators may have the right of revising the contents without notifying the author in advance.
Chapter 4: Handling of Complaints1. Users can report about prohibited contents or a violator of the forum rules and regulations.
Chapter 5: Use Behavior1. The use of any informal means and illegal programs to interference forum operation, the account will be suspended permanently.
Chapter 6: Event's Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE CONTESTS AND SPECIFY ENTITLEMENT OF A USER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST AND THE RULES GOVERNING SUCH PARTICIPATION.THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE LEGALLY BINDING ON THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE CONTEST AND SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ANY DISPUTE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY,THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The Contest is being organized by ASUS India Pvt. Ltd an ZenTalk India along with its affiliates and agency partner. (“ASUS / ZenTalk”).
The Contest is open to all interested residents of India who register on ZenTalk. All entries must be submitted within the Contest Period announced by ASUS / ZenTalk. Entries submitted outside of the Contest Period will not be eligible for participation in the Contest. ASUS / ZenTalk reserve the right to modify the Contest Period at its sole discretion.
The Contest is to enable participants to understand ASUS ZenFone series more closely and also to provide a platform to interact with ASUS directly. Participants are required to follow the instructions given by ASUS / ZenTalk.
Entries must contain original content that is created by the participant. Entries should not in any way infringe any intellectual property rights belonging to any third party. You represent and warrant to ASUS that you are the sole and exclusive owner of your entry and you have all right and authority to grant the rights in your entry to ASUS / ZenTalk, its affiliates and/or its agents and contractors. Entries that contain content not originally created by the participant, as determined by ASUS / ZenTalk in its sole discretion, shall be disqualified from the Contest.
All costs or expenses incurred by any participant or contest winner in relation to participation in the Contest including but not limited to recording, transportation, accommodation, personal costs and any other costs incurred to redeem the prize are the sole liability and responsibility of the participant or the Contest winner as the case may be and ASUS / ZenTalk shall not in anyway be liable for such costs or expenses.
This promotion or Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to ASUS /ZenTalk and not to Facebook.
By participating in the Contest and by entering your personal information / contact details that might be required to participate in the Contest, you agree and authorize ASUS/ ZenTalk to use the personal information / contact details that you provide for the purposes of administering the Contest and to contact the winner of the Contest.
Selection of the Contest Winner(s) :
Entries will be judged and winner(s) of the Contest decided by ASUS on the basis of content, creative merit, general appeal and such other grounds as ASUS may inits sole discretion decide.
The decision/results declared by ASUS / ZenTalk regarding the Contest shall be final and binding. No claim or dispute whatsoever regarding the decision or the result shall be entertained. Winners will be individually notified.
ASUS /ZenTalk reserves the right to select another winner if an original winner is subsequently disqualified from the Contest for any reason whatsoever.
All prize(s) of the Contest will be decided by ASUS / ZenTalk and will be announced.
How the prize winners will be notified
The prize winners will be notified through a direct message on their ZenTalk India account or a comment on their participating post followed by an e-mail communication.
Claiming the prize
Prizes will be sent to the winners(s) by courier and only valid in India. Prize winners will need to provide correct contact information i.e. complete postal address and contact number within 6 months of announcement of the winners. The prize winner(s) who do not provide adequate information or provide wrong information will be considered as having given up the prize and ASUS / ZenTalk will no longer be liable to hand over the prize to such winners.
ASUS /ZenTalk is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials or for registrations, entry forms or submissions that are incomplete,lost or misdirected, or which fail to enter into the processing system, or which are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason whatsoever including electronic, computer, telephone, paper transfer,mail system, human or other errors and inability to access any website or portal associated with the Contest. Proof of online submission of entries or information shall not constitute proof of receipt by ASUS. If any information provided on an entry form is found to be misleading or inaccurate,that entry shall be deemed invalid.
Goods as Prizes
Where the prizes under the Contest are items/goods, these shall be subject to availability and may not be substituted for cash. ASUS reserves the right to vary or offer an alternative prize of equivalent monetary value,without giving any reason or prior notice. If prizes involve manufactured items, these shall be subject to the manufacturer's terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance and ASUS does not accept any responsibility for them. In particular, prizes are provided by ASUS on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, including warranties of merchant ability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. The winner of each prize shall use that prize at his or her own risk.
Taxes and related aspects
Taxes and other levies imposed by any relevant applicable government or tax authority, as well as other costs including insurance and incidental costs that may be levied on or incurred in relation to the prize shall be fully borne by the prize winner.
Your submission’s fitness for publication
By entering the Contest held by ASUS / ZenTalk, you expressly agree that your entry(ies) does not contain any image or content that is unlawful, libelous, slanderous,defamatory, or which includes children or minors, or which is invasive of another person's right of privacy or right of publicity, or that which may be deemed harmful, infringing of other’s intellectual property rights, vulgar, obscene,derogatory, sexually inappropriate, pornographic, abusive, harassing, violent, threatening,hateful, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin or gender, or otherwise unfit for publication. ASUS shall not be liable in any way for any Entry. ASUS shall have no obligation to monitor your Entry, but may do so at its discretion. If ASUS in its sole and absolute discretion considers your Entry inappropriate or unsuitable for publication, ASUS may disqualify your Entry from the Contest.
You agree to have your name / nickname and photo on ZenTalk used for promotional purposes at ASUS’s sole discretion. If you are a prize winner, except where prohibited by law, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry or submissions and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without any compensation or notice to you.
ASUS’s rights in your Entry:
ASUS will not return any of the Entries received for the Contest to the respective participants and the Entries so received for the Contest shall become the property of ASUS. You grant to ASUS and/or its affiliates a non-exclusive, fully transferable,perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid-up right and license:
· to adapt, edit, modify,publish, promote, reproduce, distribute, publicly display your entry and make derivative works based on it in any and all media, including any compilation,as ASUS and/or its affiliates see fit for any reason,
· to identify you as the author of the entry and
· to authorize others to do any of the things described above without any obligation to notify or compensate you.
Without limiting the generality of the provisions above, ASUS and/or any of its affiliates shall have an exclusive right to publish and use any winning entry(ies) in print and/or electronic form for advertising and promotion of ASUS’s products, for exhibition, and for both commercial and non-commercial products and publications, including without limitation, using, downloading, adapting, reformatting, editing and/or resizing the winning entry(ies) as may be necessary and to authorize others to do any of the above without any obligation to notify or compensate the participants or the prizewinner(s).
Limitation of liability and Indemnity
To the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS and its affiliates, related entities,subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents accept nor responsibility and shall have no liability whatsoever for any claim, damage, loss,expense, death or personal injury arising out of or in connection with (a) your participation in the Contest, and/or (b) if you are a prize winner, the use of the prize. You undertake to indemnify and keep ASUS and its affiliates, related entities, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by any or each of them arising out of or in connection with your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or your participation in the Contest.
Decision of ASUS final and binding
All matters and disputes arising out of or in connection with the Contest and/or these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the sole decision of ASUS and ASUS’s decision shall be final and binding on all parties concerned. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
ASUS /ZenTalk and any agents or contractors (if any) that it may use in the execution and management of the Contest do not warrant or represent (either directly or indirectly):
· that participation in and/or access to the whole or any part of the Contest, Contest materials,content, information and/or functions contained in them will be provided on an uninterrupted, timely, secure and error-free basis;
· that no computer viruses shall be transmitted or that no damage shall occur to your computer system as a result of any online activity of the Contest (if any)
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Internet is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data resulting from such download.
ASUS does not warrant or make any representation regarding the use, validity, accuracy,or reliability of, or the results of the use of, or otherwise in respect of the materials on the Contest site/ ZenTalk India or any sites linked to the Contest site/ ZenTalk India.
ASUS’s IP rights not affected
Nothing in the Contest shall affect any intellectual property rights of ASUS in any product or service which may be the subject matter of the Contest. No license is granted under this Contest to any person under any of ASUS’s intellectual property rights, either expressly, by implication, inducement, estoppels or otherwise. Any such license shall always be express and in writing.
No cheating tolerated
You acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. If any participant is found to have indulged in any form of cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the ASUS, such participant will immediately be disqualified from the Contest. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with or hacking of the Contest website & ZenTalk India (if any), participating in the Contest without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Contest, use of the Contest beyond the defined rules of the Contest, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of ASUS's websites or the Contest site & ZenTalk India (if any), attempting to disrupt any portion of the Contest, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use your Personal Information, or tampering with the entry process.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY OF ASUS’S WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ASUS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH PERSON AND PURSUE OTHER LEGAL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ASUS’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
Any of these Terms and Conditions which are held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without rendering invalid or unenforceable the remaining terms and conditions.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
ASUS may modify these Terms and Conditions and/or withdraw or terminate the Contest at any time without giving any reason or prior notice. In such event, ASUS shall have no liability whatsoever to any party.
THE COURTS AT MUMBAI SHALL HAVE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF ANY DISPUTES RELATING TO THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF INDIA SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT / PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION OF COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Contest(s) is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable laws.
No third party rightsA person who has not accepted these Terms and Conditions shall not have any rights to enforce any of these terms. For the purposes of this paragraph,“person” shall mean a human being or a corporate entity (whether or not having a separate legal personality) as the case maybe.
Chapter 7: Other Provisions
- Inquiries or feedbacks will be entertained from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m to 6:00 pm (Taiwan / GMT +08:00).
- For effective communication, please post your inquiries or concerns in English.
- When it is within the basic principle of this forum, other matters may be settled or implemented with the approval of the section group's majority and the management group.
- This forum is specially for discussions of technical problems. For service related problems, please contact local service centers.
- Thank you for joining ZenTalk event! In order to register you in ZenTalk event, and to contact you for reward information, ASUS may collect a part of or all items of your following information depending on which kind of ZenTalk events you register: your full name, e-mail address, correspondence address, phone number, birthday, gender and other required information.
If you are the winner of ZenTalk event, in order to deliver rewards to you and to declare tax, ASUS may also need you to provide ASUS with your residential address, copy of the front and the back of your identification card or passport.
- The rules and regulations of this forum are effective from from the date of promulgation. Last modified date: Apr. 3, 2019.
This discussion has been closed.