This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen screen goes black while gaming

My Rog Phone 2 screen automatically goes dark but I can still hear apps running and can interact with the screen if know where the buttons are.
This started a week ago while Playing PUBG. The screen went completely black but I could still hear what was going on. Recently it has been happening even during charging .
I decided to find the source and in doing so I found that whenever the temperature goes beyond 42°C , the screen goes dark. Sometimes to such an extent that I have to soft reboot to get it working. It usually becomes normal after the temperature drops to 41°C and below. I further Confirmed this was related to temperature by running 3D Mark GPU test, and as soon as temperature hit 42°C, my screen went dark. Also Game Genie stops running (air triggers included) after the screen regains display.
2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Paulson Kunjumon

My Rog Phone 2 screen automatically goes dark but I can still hear apps running and can interact with the screen if know where the buttons are.

This started a week ago while Playing PUBG. The screen went completely black but I could still hear what was going on. Recently it has been happening even during charging .

I decided to find the source and in doing so I found that whenever the temperature goes beyond 42°C , the screen goes dark. Sometimes to such an extent that I have to soft reboot to get it working. It usually becomes normal after the temperature drops to 41°C and below. I further Confirmed this was related to temperature by running 3D Mark GPU test, and as soon as temperature hit 42°C, my screen went dark. Also Game Genie stops running (air triggers included) after the screen regains display.

Screen screen goes black while gaming
Go to service centre as probably the thermal paste needs replacing as I am guessing. But service centre should be able to help you find out.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Paulson Kunjumon,
Please contact your nearest ASUS Service Center and explain your issue to them. What you are describing it is most probably caused by faulty hardware.