This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run dual external monitors on Zenbook Pro Duo UX581L?

andremildh
Star I
System: Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Battery or AC:
Model: UX581L
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Hello All. I recently started to setup my Zenbook to run dual external monitors in order to extend my desktop. I have 2 ASUS VP28UQG (4K) monitors and am able to run one of them without issue using the HDMI port. This is not my area of expertise but from my research I gathered that since there is only one HDMI port on the laptop I would need to run the second monitor via the Thunderbolt 3 connection using an adapter. Upon trying this method, I found that the laptop does not recognize any device as being connected to the Thunderbolt port. I have done some trouble shooting starting with the basics, making sure all updates are completed and that the drivers for all the hardware are up to date but I'm rather stumped now.
Does anyone know if the TB3 port supports display output? If so does this imply that the adapter might have an issue with it?
I haven't seen anyone running dual external monitors with this specific laptop yet but someone with a similar issue mentioned that I may need a dock, possibly an Asus Simpro. I have no issue buying more hardware if needed but I would prefer making it work with minimal new purchases. Any suggestions on where to go from here? Thanks

-Andre
img-0729.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
@andremildh look at this post:
DivyaRaghavendran
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi, I have an ASUS Zenbook UX433FA laptop and recently purchased a 2nd external monitor that I would like to connect to the laptop. I am using the HDMI port for one of the monitors and tried to use the USB-C port to connect the second monitor (using USB-C to HDMI convertor) but this does not work.

Can you please advise me on how I can connect my second monitor?

How to connect multiple external monitors to Asus Zenbook UX433FA
I have a UX482 which have:
One hdmi output
One USB3.0
2 USB-C
More or less like your laptop see above thread for more details
Here is a picture of my setup.
20210514-145833.jpg